Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rocker Cover & Gasket (no longer available) 2001 1.6 Auto Estate.

Steve B F

Hi All, I have a small oil leak and Gates say it's the rocker cover and gasket that need replacing. I now find out they no longer hold that item. Where can I look to try to find this part as I am at total loss. They did send off for the part but the wrong one (updated) arrived then found out they don't hold it. They say I don't want the ali one but the steel one? The car is a Y reg 2001 1.6 auto estate, Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Steve B F said:

Hi All, I have a small oil leak and Gates say it's the rocker cover and gasket that need replacing. I now find out they no longer hold that item. Where can I look to try to find this part as I am at total loss. They did send off for the part but the wrong one (updated) arrived then found out they don't hold it. They say I don't want the ali one but the steel one? The car is a Y reg 2001 1.6 auto estate, Thanks.

I'm assuming, 'Gates' is a Ford dealer? Can you not get the specific part No. they suggest you need then google it? Plenty of online sellers, even on eBay...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, yes main dealer. They can't give me the part number as it's no longer a stock item, but they gave me a part number not to get! If I was to get one I have no idea if it's the right one till a garage goes to fix it.

Hit the local motor factors, give as much info as possible, including the one you don't want. Its their ball game then.

9 minutes ago, Steve B F said:

They can't give me the part number as it's no longer a stock item, ...

There are some very knowledgeable members on this forum, hopefully one of them will drop by soon to help out - welcome...

• Like 1

Sorry, motor factors?....  Nice Discus by the way.

18 minutes ago, Steve B F said:

Sorry, motor factors?.

Something like Euro Car Parts, just google for a location near to you and hop on the phone LOL (Motor factors is simply a term for a car parts store)

• Like 1

Sorry as SF said Europarts etc

I used to keep discus, had a breeding setup, then United Utilities did something with the pipes that bypassed the filters, wiped me out never had the heart to restart. Still have some pics.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Sorry to hear that, loved my fish but got plauge, no mater what I did just lost them one by one. Too expensive to start again and all the time spent.

They looked great, Red Turks my fav.

• Like 1

When I was looking for a rocker cover gasket for my 1.6 petrol auto this company, which sells through eBay, came up trumps. My car has a plastic rocker cover but he might just stock one for your metal cover.

Give him a try.

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/THE-GASKET-SHOP

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club