Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 fiesta written off, not available any more as new, help me on the available alternatives from Ford !!

Eng_Ahmad1986

hello to all 🙂 

sorry to say that my mk8 2019 fiesta has been rear ended and written off by insurance, for sorry also it is not available as brand new at the moment from the dealer, might be available at 2023 !! , so here are my current options from Ford:

1- 2021 Ford Focus, it has many similarities with the Fiesta, handles great like a fiesta used to, but the only available engine here in Egypt is the 1.5 ti-vct dragon engine, an indian designed naturally aspirated variant of the famous 1.5 Ecoboost dragon on the st fiesta, it delivers peak 120ps of horsepower and 151 NM of torque. the car is built in Germany.

2- 2021 Ford Ecosport, a compact SUV that is built on the fiesta platform, needless to say much taller and with greater ground clearance, and obviously with some body lean on cornering if compared to a fiesta, however its available with the 1.0 ecoboost 125ps version ( with the overboost feature ). the car is built in Craiova , Romania.

I like the focus more, I also like the ecoboost much more !!

now if anyone has any experiences regarding those cars or that dragon engine ? I feel like going for the ecosport because of the ecoboost although I like the focus much more as a car.

could you help me out making up my mind ?  🙂 

thanks for considering 🙂 

• Sad 2

Only you can make that decision and you be happy at the end of the day, not others 🤔

When the 'new' Fiesta came out in 2008/9, I wanted a 4 door Titanium X turbo diesel, but also asked friends with their opinions, several saying don't get the X version the diesel engine, but get the Titanium petrol version instead, as it was cheaper, we went for the petrol Titanium in the end, to this very day I regret not getting the X version, it was a couple of grand more, but for that you got clover leaf alloy wheels - full leather interior - rear electric windows - parking sensors all round - leather gear knob - better looking leather covered handbrake - mint stereo - stainless steel foot pedals - body kit  👀the Titanium had none of these options, wished I'd not listened to other people :bash:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your car being written off, especially since you can't get a replacement.

I agree with Ian above, everyone has different wants and needs and only you can decide what is important to you. 

The Turbo Charged versions of the Dragon engine are very good engines, but they don't  do the normally aspirated one here.  With it not having the lightly blown Turbo it may not have much Torque low down the rev range and not as flat a Torque Curve compared to your previous engine. Then again that might not be a problem for you if the roads where you live are not very hilly and you go for an Automatic. 

• Like 2

It’s a very personal decision, that’s why test drives are important, you can test the car on the roads that you will encounter.

Over the years I’ve gone between Fiestas and Focus’ depending on the situation at the time. As they are so similar the both feel very familiar. Last year I went from a Focus ST Powershift to a Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost, quite different cars, but both very familiar. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your car Ahmad

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobr said:

Sorry to hear about your car Ahmad

thank you very much, after all I'd go for another Ford and continue to be a family member here 🙂 

guys I know that its me who should make the decision which suits me most , but this is not the issue 😄 

focus is much more similar to a fiesta than the ecosport , excellent handling and fun to drive, but with this engine and no low end torque as @Tizer noted , if only the focus was equipped with the ecoboost !! , and the ecosport is compact SUV that its handling characteristics are not like a focus or a fiesta, but equipped with the ecoboost engine and all the low end torque and fun to drive aspects that comes along with it 😄 

I think I'd go for an ecosport because of the engine, but I need some one who drove one to tell me how much handling and fun I would lose compared to a fiesta or a focus 🙂 

Don't know if this helps or makes it worse - former Ecosport owner review:

The car that Ford forgot

We had an Econsport, a 1-year-old Titanium fully specced out, everything from the B&O sound system, two-tone paintwork to our choice of alloy wheels.
It's a gem of a car, it drives very well even on motorways, quite a surprise what a from a 1-litre engine, that turbo must be always on.
But it's in cities that the Ecosport excels, a high driving position and a narrow footprint allow it to take on any parking space in tiny multistore carparks. Space enough for four adults on short journeys. The rear legroom is a little tight. We have never had any issues with the rear door opening sideways, why is this criticised? On the motorway its surprising nippy, it's not a sports car but nor is it a HGV it can keep up with motorway traffic. Euro Ncap 4 safety rating

So the good - It's an attractive wagon turning heads especially with that F150/Ranger front grill, the rear is not bad looking either, you sit high up giving a commanding view of the road.

The bad - Fuel consumption mixed driving 40mpg. the boot is really small with all 4 seats up, enough for the weekly shopping run but on a holiday room may be tight unless you drop the rear seats.

So why did Ford Forget this car, we lost ours in an RTA, it was written off as an oncoming car turned into it. We went to the Ford dealer to order the same again and were told No, no black roof, no B&O stereo, no choice of alloys just the standard...Ford never invested in this car.

We now have ordered a new fully specced Puma, every box ticked. Why did Ford drop the Ecosport, why no digital dashboard or drivers pack, why kill off the options list. Had Ford put the puma tech into the Ecosport it for us would have been a no brainer another Ecosport.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Don't know if this helps or makes it worse - former Ecosport owner review:

The car that Ford forgot

We had an Econsport, a 1-year-old Titanium fully specced out, everything from the B&O sound system, two-tone paintwork to our choice of alloy wheels.
It's a gem of a car, it drives very well even on motorways, quite a surprise what a from a 1-litre engine, that turbo must be always on.
But it's in cities that the Ecosport excels, a high driving position and a narrow footprint allow it to take on any parking space in tiny multistore carparks. Space enough for four adults on short journeys. The rear legroom is a little tight. We have never had any issues with the rear door opening sideways, why is this criticised? On the motorway its surprising nippy, it's not a sports car but nor is it a HGV it can keep up with motorway traffic. Euro Ncap 4 safety rating

So the good - It's an attractive wagon turning heads especially with that F150/Ranger front grill, the rear is not bad looking either, you sit high up giving a commanding view of the road.

The bad - Fuel consumption mixed driving 40mpg. the boot is really small with all 4 seats up, enough for the weekly shopping run but on a holiday room may be tight unless you drop the rear seats.

So why did Ford Forget this car, we lost ours in an RTA, it was written off as an oncoming car turned into it. We went to the Ford dealer to order the same again and were told No, no black roof, no B&O stereo, no choice of alloys just the standard...Ford never invested in this car.

We now have ordered a new fully specced Puma, every box ticked. Why did Ford drop the Ecosport, why no digital dashboard or drivers pack, why kill off the options list. Had Ford put the puma tech into the Ecosport it for us would have been a no brainer another Ecosport.

thank you very much for this 🙂 

here in Egypt the ecosport is available with B&O, 17 inch alloys, keyless entry and start, xenon headlamps, multi-colour ambient lighting, partial leather seats, Sync 3 with navigation, rear parking sensors, and pre collision assist. I think it is decently equipped. with the ecoboost engine I think I would go for it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club