Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Fiesta 3Dr Rear Speakers

itsrelfy

• 1 month later...

Hi im new to the forums, sorry if this has been said before,

Is there a size limitation that Speakers have to be? Going to buy some, don't want to be dissapointed when they don't fit,

Cheers.

Hi All

Ive just bought and installed some standard ford speakers in the back of my Zetec S. They are a pain in the back side to say the least. To get the back panels off enough to work on installing the speakers is hard. They are just horrible cheap and nasty panels that are held on by even nastier clips. I have to say that as careful as I was I still knackered 1 or 2 on each side. To get these off you just have to pull and pray. The speakers are easy enough to put in providing you can make yourself enough space. To install the stock speakers you obviously dont need adaptor rings. But what you will need is some size 8 "u type nuts" from Halfords and some 13mm cross headed flanged screws, size 8 also from Halfords. Screw the speakers in and plug in the wiring and your away. I would reccomend a stubby screwdriver, theres not much room for anything else. I also have a tiny Ratchet that came in handy to. There is no fade option on the stereo I have so you cant fiddle with how much power you send to the back. They seem to have their own pre determined level. One last thing its been mentioned above but be prepared to get some seriously sore, scuffed up arms.

Regards

Adrian

That's about the best description I've read regarding installing rear Speakers. But there's a couple of questions I'm amazed nobody has yet asked.

1: How much did these Speakers + fitting accessories cost?

2: Was it worth it? Does rear Speakers, more over rear speakers that you have no control over, make that much difference?

That's about the best description I've read regarding installing rear speakers. But there's a couple of questions I'm amazed nobody has yet asked.

1: How much did these speakers + fitting accessories cost?

2: Was it worth it? Does rear speakers, more over rear speakers that you have no control over, make that much difference?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. In answer to your questions I think all in, the Speakers and accessories cost £55-£60 it took me about 2 hours to fit them, I'm sure you could do it faster though. In my opinion they do make a difference, not the huge difference I was expecting as they aren't the best quality, and as you say you have no real influence on the set up. Having said that I would rather have them than not.

Regards

Adrian

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I know this is a but of an old thread but i see that a number of you succesfully added rear Speakers - I am in the process of doing this got the rear seats out but have a problem...Tested the wires they are live and the new speaker works BUT how do i know which is + and which is - wire??? I have a brown wire with a yellow stripe and a white wire with a green stripe - if any of you guys are out there what did you do or how do i find out?

seats out

a9bb0148.jpg

and the side trim off

66e836a1.jpg

located the wiring that was already there - phew but which is which????

a1abb23d.jpg

5846d084.jpg

Can you not use a multimeter to test the voltage? If it reads a +ve voltage then the wire touching the red probe is +, if not it's -.

Ahhh good idea - i have one of those in the garage i'll go now and give it a whirl .....never used it!!!

EDIT..... thanks it worked looks like the white is positive and brown negative THX only one speaker wired and sounds awesome

so ive decided im gonna change the fronts too.

Hi

Only just seen his post

From Etis wiring diagrams

LH side White/Green +ve, Brown/Yellow -ve

RH side Brown/White +ve, Brown/Blue -ve

perfect thanks got the adapters today and fitted them in

f0a73bfa.jpg

2a1b98c2.jpg

57ecc345.jpg

Just the other side to do Now

Ha it ain't easy the first time ... I didn't take pics..... I'll see if I can remember the steps ....

• 3 weeks later...

Do you still have the standard head unit?

Brayster inspired by your photo's I decieded tonight to fit the speaker's I have had laying. Original Ford one's so no cutting of loom's, bit of a pain with the removal of the panal's but speaker's are a good job once fitted. The fader on the radio only work's left to right :( not front to back but that's no problem. Any one know if the small clip's on the panal's can be gotten from Ford as a few went in behind the quater panal :rolleyes:

I'm glad the pics were of use... defo worthwile sounds so much better. My original stereo fader works front rear and left right???

I dropped a few clips but use a piece of sticky tape to get them... im sure ford sel them though...

Madalin they are 13cm speaker i think

Maybe a different model radio fitted to the Zetec S that the one in the Zetec due to the Zetec having only two speaker's as standard. All four are working prefect so no big problem

yes you can get the clip's from ford HC1 clips

• 5 weeks later...

Is this easy/still possible to be done with the 5dr?

i did everything the same worked great for about 8 months then no sound at all took to ford under the warrenty they fitted new headunit still no good then they said was due to the Speakers i had fitted as the head unit wasnt compatible was very stumped as i work for seat and never heard anything like it anyone else come across this cheerz

Is this easy/still possible to be done with the 5dr?

Yes - I've done it. It's much easier than the 3dr as there's nothing in the way to stop you removing the door card. There are three screws plus a bunch of clips.

i did everything the same worked great for about 8 months then no sound at all took to ford under the warrenty they fitted new headunit still no good then they said was due to the speakers i had fitted as the head unit wasnt compatible was very stumped as i work for seat and never heard anything like it anyone else come across this cheerz

Have you checked the speaker to see if it's shorted out? If you drive the Speakers too hard, the insulation on the coil can melt, shorting the wires. The amp will shut down to protect itself from damage. The Speakers need to have a high enough rating for the head unit amp (not hard as the head unit isn't very powerful), but also if you turn the volume up too high, the amp will start to clip. Clipping is very damaging to Speakers. If you listen at high volumes then you really need an external amp.

Also check that your wiring hasn't shorted out, come loose, or rubbed against the bodywork and no "whiskers" have formed in the solder on the terminals.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have a fiesta style+ and have just bought the rear Speakers from a titanium, I have looked everywhere I don't have a wiring plug for the rears, so I tried to just connect the rears to the fronts, but as soon as I touch the connection with a wire all the Speakers in the car turn off??

Anybody any ideas why? And how I can connect these up?

Thanks,

Ste.

• 6 years later...

Hi, I'm fittings a subwoofer to my Fiesta zetec (2010) what colour are the wires for the Speakers? If anyone can help that would be great

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club