Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Fiesta 3Dr Rear Speakers

itsrelfy

Hi all

I have been reading all the topics i can find about fitting rear Speakers to a 3dr zetec s but not one of them has a complete answer. Does anyone know if it is able to be done. I bought mine second hand and it only has fronts. I know there are cables in the back cause i have checked but when i go into the menu system there is no fade option. I have spoken to 2 local ford dealers one says it is not possible the other says it is but didnt want to give me a price.

Any help and advice you could give would be great.

Thanks

Adrian

remember a few posts saying it can be done... if fords aint saying anything, you must have a audio shop or something near by and they may have an idea?

Yeah I would imagine that if the wireing is there then just connect Speakers to it and it should work fine, even if there is no fade option present.

I wouldnt know as mine had the 6 speaker upgrade anyway.

Jay

There is a fade option on my fiesta mk7 and i have not got rear Speakers. From memory you press sound and then the down arrow 3 times. The fader should appear. Then adjust left and right.

Hi

I bought a second hand fiesta zetec s and I only had the four Speakers, I bought some pioneer Speakers (17 cm). Pulled most of the panel off, so I could get the speaker hole and the Speakers didn't fit. Managed to adapt them so they did fit and wired they to the connectors and they work fine.

Gaz

I done my rear Speakers, they work fine. Pain the !Removed! to get the trim off had to slightly bend it and scratch my arm up badly to secure them in!

Hi simondastle and Gazza, do you know if there was a fade option on your sound menu before you fitted them?. Ive got balance but at present no fade.

can anyone say how to remove the panel to actually get the the speaker hole. and to check if cabling is there. i want to fit them. but i cant figure out how to remove the back panels.

can anyone say how to remove the panel to actually get the the speaker hole. and to check if cabling is there. i want to fit them. but i cant figure out how to remove the back panels.

I dont know how to get them the whole way off but what i did was take off the front door rubber seal then starting at the bottom i just pulled cause it mostly all clips. then once the front edge was off i put my finger in between the back side window and the trim and pulled again. for what i wanted didnt have to undo anymore so the very back as it goes towards the boot im not so sure about. be careful though cause the clips are moulded to the trim and i slightly damaged one of mine on the passenger side.

Hi simondastle and Gazza, do you know if there was a fade option on your sound menu before you fitted them?. Ive got balance but at present no fade.

I have not got rear Speakers but the option is there, about 6 posts up i have put how to get it up on the menu

I have not got rear speakers but the option is there, about 6 posts up i have put how to get it up on the menu

Yeah i did try but on my stereo all ive got is balance, which balances between left and right i dont have fade, which fades between back and front.

Hi All

Ive just bought and installed some standard ford Speakers in the back of my Zetec S. They are a pain in the back side to say the least. To get the back panels off enough to work on installing the Speakers is hard. They are just horrible cheap and nasty panels that are held on by even nastier clips. I have to say that as careful as I was I still knackered 1 or 2 on each side. To get these off you just have to pull and pray. The Speakers are easy enough to put in providing you can make yourself enough space. To install the stock speakers you obviously dont need adaptor rings. But what you will need is some size 8 "u type nuts" from Halfords and some 13mm cross headed flanged screws, size 8 also from Halfords. Screw the speakers in and plug in the wiring and your away. I would reccomend a stubby screwdriver, theres not much room for anything else. I also have a tiny Ratchet that came in handy to. There is no fade option on the stereo I have so you cant fiddle with how much power you send to the back. They seem to have their own pre determined level. One last thing its been mentioned above but be prepared to get some seriously sore, scuffed up arms.

Regards

Adrian

itsrelfly were did you find the loom for the rear speaker's, I have two Ford one's and couldn't find the loom when trying to fit them, looked behind the quater panal and around the c pillar to see if they were taped up somewhere, are the wiring loom's standard across the range, I have a Zetec so may not be fitted, also did you take the foam cover away from the space the speaker goes into or is this a sound deadener type thing that stay's in place behind the speaker

itsrelfly were did you find the loom for the rear speaker's, I have two Ford one's and couldn't find the loom when trying to fit them, looked behind the quater panal and around the c pillar to see if they were taped up somewhere, are the wiring loom's standard across the range, I have a Zetec so may not be fitted, also did you take the foam cover away from the space the speaker goes into or is this a sound deadener type thing that stay's in place behind the speaker

Hi mick88

The looms for the Speakers were taped to the body work right by the hole the Speakers sits in near the front seat belt, if its not there i dont really know where else it would be im afraid. It was taped up round the back of the body work so you do have to get your hand in there to pull it out. mine were taped where there was a recess for the cubby hole that makes up part of the rear trim. As for this foam cover i didnt have them either.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Thank's for the reply, only cable I could see was down by were the seat belt anchor's on to the bottom of the b pillar, will have another look see tomorrow. didn't want to move it cause I couldn't see what if anything it was attached to

i was thinking of adding in the Speakers too, but i dont really want to damage the panels to get them off to get access!!

• 1 month later...

I took out the rear seats and then both door cards.Pretty much take any nuts and bolts out you can see then attack the door cards. Lots of pulling and unpopping the clips which go in to the car. Also removed the trim around the window to make it easier.

The wires are taped to the pillar next to the front seat. Took a while to get everything out but fitting was easy. I just cut off the plug and connected the wires which came with my new Speakers.

• 1 month later...

Hey S666LER did you have to remove the rear seats to take the entire rear panel off? When i fitted mine i was unable to remove the pannel and had to put my arm between the gap in the windows and trim.

Cheers

Iv managed to add the rear Speakers to mine, I had to remove the rear seats, the trim above the window, after the trim where the top of the seatbelt goes in and finally the big bit of trim, was pretty easy to do but takes a few hours, I have the original ford diagrams at home for the removal

Hey dude, how did you get the seats out? I tired and failed, took all the screws out and they still wouldn't budge! Where did you get the ford removal diagrams from?

Cheers

Hey dude, how did you get the seats out? I tired and failed, took all the screws out and they still wouldn't budge! Where did you get the ford removal diagrams from?

Cheers

After I undid all the screws the rear seats kinda just flopped lol, there are 6 screws to remove and 2 plastic gripper clip things that stops the seat coming about which are located at the right or left hinge of the seats on the side panels (if that makes sense lol) I got it from Ford Parts Dept I just asked for it and got it free, do you want me to try and upload em onto here?

Yeah if you could mate, I'm going to have another go this afternoon i think, the problem i had was i couldn't get the seats to separate, so they were just stuck together.

Yeah if you could mate, I'm going to have another go this afternoon i think, the problem i had was i couldn't get the seats to separate, so they were just stuck together.

Mine were also stuck together in the middle, I lifted the back of the smaller seat and they just slide apart. I can't upload the diagram at the moment as I am at work until 5 but il see if I can find the diagram when I get home for you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club