Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to download apps?

BrynS

Our new 2018 vignale is giving me problems …I’ve enabled mobile apps via usb ( the other option ‘enable mobile apps’ is greyed out and doesn’t do anything

Ive plugged My iPhone X into both USB ports and still get the same message stating ‘ Apple devices must be plugged into syncs USB port to work with mobile apps’ despite the phone being plugged in and charging.

My Wi-Fi is showing up and the phone is working fine for calls etc. 

any advice welcome thanks 

I think you also need to have the Ford Pass App on your phone and registered to your car.

Only a few apps are compatible, the only mainstream app I can think of is Waze. 

Thanks for the reply…It’s Waze in particular I wanted to use… can’t seem to get anything to show on it….downloaded the Ford pass app…. And there’s only 12 apps showing, none of which particularly interests me 

57 minutes ago, BrynS said:

Thanks for the reply…It’s Waze in particular I wanted to use… can’t seem to get anything to show on it….downloaded the Ford pass app…. And there’s only 12 apps showing, none of which particularly interests me 

You need to plug your iPhone in:

Waze integration will work via Ford's Sync AppLink platform, which means iOS users can plug their iPhone into the USB port of a Ford vehicle and have the navigation app appear on the car's screen, along with a full set of controls

Managed to sort it now thanks…. Shame you need the phone plugged in for Waze to work though 

This for Android auto but it applies to IPhones as well:

"There’s nowhere near enough bandwidth in bluetooth to run Android Auto, so the feature used Wi-Fi to communicate with the display.

You might not be missing too much, though. Android Auto wireless mode will use substantially more power on your phone (it’s pushing data over Wi-Fi continuously), and it’s not plugged into the car to recharge at the same time. Sure, you could plug the phone into a car charger, but at that point, why even bother to use wireless mode if you’re going to plug a cable into your phone"

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club