Do Not Sell My Personal Information

changed pollen filter, what a palaver, no wonder it had never been done, also installed Sony Carplay radio

focusie2010

I replaced the pollen and air filter on Saturday

Both had not been changed in a while and the pollen filter was particularly nasty and maybe even original, it was a real hassle to replace it, i did end up removing the glove compartment to see how to fit the cover back on as I could not easily line up the holes for the 2x screws (1x screw was missing)

I did end up with this item after I had finished, anyone know what it is for?

1359089371_1(2).thumb.jpeg.8c642d055cf1b82171e4c31ea2df27b6.jpeg

Today I replaced the standard Sony radio with a Sony XAV-AX1005DB Carplay unit, never had a car with Carplay, was easy to install once I figured out the ford focus kit that came with the order had to be modified slightly by drilling 2 holes each side to hold the new radio in place as the Sony radio is really a single din unit with a larger display and the standard brackets cannot be attached to the radio

253349597_1(3).thumb.jpeg.5e7c71c6a93d738bebac8a2cd08fa181.jpeg

happy with the end result and the new fascia is also not too bad looking

2.thumb.jpeg.1c4beab979dc1c7556a795e0955da912.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes I hated doing the pollen filter on the MK2 so awkward and removing the glove box defo helps and putting it back together is a pain lol nice job on the stereo looks great 👍

• Like 1