Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S bodykit on Titanium Fiesta?

Sean Faz

Hi all,

I've bought the Zetec S bodykit for my 2014 Fiesta Titanium 5 door, and I'm not sure where insurance comes into it when fitting it. I have read some other chats where someone mentioned that the zetec s bodykit was an optional extra for the titanium model. So would I declare this when getting insured, or is it not worth it, because it's a ford kit from the factory, I would just be fitting it. I am looking to fit it when I pass my test, so it would be black box insurance,  but if I mention that it was already on the car when I bought it, would this keep insurance low? 

IMG_20210627_140710__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-125327.jpg

You would need to declare it with your insurance because its a change that makes it different from the original specification of the car. I have even had to declare wind deflectors on my policy. Also some insurers will want you to declare any optional extras your car has from factory that were not specified as standard for that trim level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Also some insurers will want you to declare any optional extras your car has from factory that were not specified as standard for that trim level.

Though we all moan about insurers, it's not unreasonable in this case. If you were unfortunate enough to have the car damaged, you'd expect the bodykit to be repaired too, which would be more expensive than just repairing the standard bodywork. 

And of course insurance is a contract requiring full disclosure of all material facts - failure to do so can invalidate your insurance, which would not be a great way to start your driving career. My cousin's son has recently made this mistake - now his car is sat doing nothing 'cos he can't find anyone else who will insure him and his Mum is driving him around which is not going down too well!😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My brother in law used to work in car insurance. 

He has a very heavily modified Type R Civic and has declared every last tiny mod. 

He knows they will do absolutely anything to get out of paying out on a claim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi.

You would need to disclose this to your insurer.

If you do have any issues with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club