Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7 14 reg 1.0 EcoBoost starter motor removal.

Shaffick

Hi there

Not sure if I'm in the right area. I have a 14 plate mk7 Fiesta. It's a 1.0 EcoBoost. I've been having some starting issues and have jump started it. Last night the car wouldn't start so I decided to call out the AA. The technician checked my battery and said that the starter motor was at fault. I have warranty on the car and would like to know if the starter would be covered by it?. If not does anybody know how to change it?. I'm competent to do this myself but would like to know if it's relatively straight forward to do or is it a nightmare. Thanks.

Warranty will depend on the cover you have. Read the warranty booklet and it should be clear if it's covered or not. Most likely it is. 

As for changing starter motor , garage will charge an hour to swap over. DIY, it's air cleaner assy out the way , remove top starter bolt. Then rest is underneath if you have good axle stands and Jack. Just the starter wires nuts and lower bolt. 

Thanks for that. I'll check the warranty booklet as you said. Hopefully it should be covered if not I'll replace myself. Much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club