Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Checking DPF soot loading (Forscan)

Grandric

I was looking around in Forscan and wanted to check on my DPF soot loading level. Only I cannot find the option in Forscan. I can see e.g. DPF differential pressure, failed regens, number of regens but not the soot loading.

Can anyone please point me to it?

Go to live data, then press table at the top. Should be in the same place as MAF, RPM, CAT temps etc.

There might not be one for your variant of that model, there wasn't on for my 1.6 TDCI either in FORScan or IDS.

It is not a real reading anyway it is an implied one. The Differential Pressure live data is more useful. 

22 hours ago, Tizer said:

There might not be one for your variant of that model, there wasn't on for my 1.6 TDCI either in FORScan or IDS.

It is not a real reading anyway it is an implied one. The Differential Pressure live data is more useful. 

Ah, ok cool, I was worried something was missing 😄 Any idea what sort of reading I should see for the differential pressure? I've tried googling but the results were either trying to sell me a new sensor or something not helpful...

1 minute ago, Grandric said:

Ah, ok cool, I was worried something was missing 😄 Any idea what sort of reading I should see for the differential pressure? I've tried googling but the results were either trying to sell me a new sensor or something not helpful...

I don't know the exact figures to expect but a new one at Idle should be near 0, maybe 0.1 or 0.2. If it is close to 1 or more than 1 then the DPF is quite blocked.

Steady cruising should give a reading of a lot less than 5, maybe 1 or 2 for one in good condition. It will rise briefly during acceleration. If it reaches  its trigger point, usually more than once during a driving cycle or consecutive cycles the it should show a fault code.

Someone with more familiarity with that engine have have some more useful data. 

Thanks for this, I'll have a play when I get chance. Not that I think it's blocked, I was just playing around and getting used to Forscan...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club