Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any one any ideas?

nige1165

I Have a 20plate Focus 2018-, 1.5L Duratorq-TDCi had it 12 weeks 8k on the clock now its been back to the garage 3 times already 

Yesterday driving home it flashes up the no pre collision assist is available along with no hill start assist and no lane keeping aid available  get out the car the parking lights are on Permantly and only go off when the brake pedal has a piece of wood under it to bring the pedal fully into position when parked did this as live in the middle of no where and didn't want a flat battery 

Rang the garage where i bought it from to be told my warranty expired 2 days ago and to try ford dealership 

Rang them 3 of then today the earliest they can do a diagnostic on the car is a week on Thursday or Friday 

is it safe to drive ? as the middle braking light is on all the time apparently when while its been driven 

Any advice as to be honest i wish i hadn't bought the dam thing after my last cars have all been ford for the last 25yrs and never had any problems it appears more gadgets bring more problems  also there is a flap under the car  toward the passenger side  what ever that is,  is now hanging down is it me or is the build quality and reliability out the window so its looking like me getting a hire car for the next 10days til i can get it to the garage 

any advice welcome 

Thanks nige

2 hours ago, nige1165 said:

I Have a 20plate Focus 2018-, 1.5L Duratorq-TDCi had it 12 weeks 8k on the clock now its been back to the garage 3 times already 

Yesterday driving home it flashes up the no pre collision assist is available along with no hill start assist and no lane keeping aid available  get out the car the parking lights are on Permantly and only go off when the brake pedal has a piece of wood under it to bring the pedal fully into position when parked did this as live in the middle of no where and didn't want a flat battery 

Rang the garage where i bought it from to be told my warranty expired 2 days ago and to try ford dealership 

Rang them 3 of then today the earliest they can do a diagnostic on the car is a week on Thursday or Friday 

is it safe to drive ? as the middle braking light is on all the time apparently when while its been driven 

Any advice as to be honest i wish i hadn't bought the dam thing after my last cars have all been ford for the last 25yrs and never had any problems it appears more gadgets bring more problems  also there is a flap under the car  toward the passenger side  what ever that is,  is now hanging down is it me or is the build quality and reliability out the window so its looking like me getting a hire car for the next 10days til i can get it to the garage 

any advice welcome 

Thanks nige

From what I understand you really need to go back to the garage you bought your car from regardless of your warranty expiring.Don’t be fobbed off.According to the law if your car develops a fault (within 6 months of owning it) that is not related to ware and tear then the garage has to be given the opportunity to fix it.Have a look at the Sales and Consumers Act 2015 I think.Not 100% sure but trying to help and steer you in the right direction 👍

• Like 3

Hi there thanks for that i will read up on it and challenge the garage as you dont expect it from a car youve just paid 16k cash for but thank you for your advice 

• Like 2

I had a freind who used to own an upmarket used car sales garage, and he said that although nearly all used car dealers only give a 3 month warranty they are all obliged by law to sort out and fix problems for 6 months from the date of sale. So yes it is the law, you just have to fight for it !!! Good Luck.

• Like 3

Thank you for your advice i will be ringing them first thing  wished id never bought the dam thing !!

On 7/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, nige1165 said:

Thank you for your advice i will be ringing them first thing  wished id never bought the dam thing !!

It doesn't sound too major.

It seems the brake pedal sensor is either faulty or has been knocked out of position and the camera warnings require a software update.

Ask Ford very nicely to update all modules while it is in or:

Complain about hesitancy/spluttering on partial throttle - They will update PCM

Complain when you turn volume up the sound goes to the back - They will update ACM

Complain Door windows bounce back - they will update DDM & PDM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God I'm getting old, can barely read the original post, who knew you could select a font that small!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

can barely read the original post

Did your Mother never warn you that you would go blind if you kept doing things ........... 🤣

• Haha 8

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club