Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

When did Skoda, become Ssshhhcoda??

StephenFord
聽Share

Current radio ad has a woman pronouncing the car brand 'Skoda' as if she is doing a Sean Connery imperrsonation - really irritating to listen to! So, when did Skoda change the English pronounciation of their name, and does it bug anyone else, or just me LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

change the English pronounciation

I know just what you mean, while eating my bar of Neslays white chocolate and flicking through a Porscha brochure I stopped to think what was Nissan (or as the americans call them Nyssan) thinking when the launched the Cashkye 馃ぃ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

EcoSport and EcoBoost are pronounced differently...winds me right up. :laugh:

We've also been saying Capri wrong...the emphasis is on the A...CA-pri not C'preeeeeeeeee.

Had a giggle watching one of the COPA matches the other day, with 'Arce' playing...聽馃き

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Current radio ad has a woman pronouncing the car brand 'Skoda' as if she is doing a Sean Connery imperrsonation聽

Maybe she just forgot to put her dentures in?馃榾

• Haha 1

Go back 20 odd years and Audi was pronounced like it's spelled,but at some point it changed to Owdi,which I still find irritating to this day.

• Like 1

Got a mate called Jesus聽 but he insists it's pronounced hazoose .聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I remember when Volksvargens were called Volkswagons and Reno's were Renaults, it's people trying to be clever and pronouncing the words in the聽natural language instead of pronouncing them the English way. The good thing is Fords have always been Fords .

2 hours ago, billyboy said:

The good thing is Fords have always been Fords

Except in Norway they have Fjords 馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few of my Dad's mates worked at Dagenham...they always put a W in Fowd. :laugh:聽聽

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A few of my Dad's mates worked at Dagenham...they always put a W in Fowd. :laugh:聽聽

theres a few anchors here without the "W"

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club