Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Position of blower resistor fuse

Spottttttt

Could anyone tell me the blower resistor is situated on my 04 1400 cc lpetrol engine is please? Thanks in advance

I know yours is a 2004 and this video is for a 2007, but the principal will be the same:

Thanks, I was led to believe fuse was above clutch pedal on the drivers sife!

Title says fuse but first post does not mention fuse. I don’t know where the resistor is. I would imagine the fuse is in fuse box. I know some resistor packs have a thermal fuse fixed in them(not designed to be replaceable) to prevent fire. That fuse blows by external heat(external to the fuse) and not current. Please clarify what you are asking about. Does the fan work but only on the top speed.

Hi, that is correct , the fan only works at high speed, any idea where it’s located please? 

• Sad 1

The Ford Fusion 2002 to 2012 uses the same heater blower motor and therefore uses the same resistor for the fan.

The video that I posted above of the 2007 has the same blower motor as your 2004 unless you have some odd varrient.

This a link to the complete blower on eBay and shows the resistor. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FUSION-MK1-FL-B226-2002-2012-Heater-Fan-Motor-and-resistor-/114720224098?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=EAIaIQobChMI2fuamODd8QIVjpntCh01rA4_EAQYBCABEgLhPfD_BwE

And this is the resistor that you need:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352463415296?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338785332&toolid=10029&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1bbIjQ_sOSSe-RtwENR7-Vg16&customid=s%3AGS%3Bgc%3AEAIaIQobChMI597dlN7d8QIVA5zVCh0msQqNEAQYASABEgLH3vD_BwE

• Like 1

Done this yesterday, it's a pig to get to so much so I had to take the drivers seat out. Think it's held in with 2 T15's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Had to do this on my wife's fusion. Took off the trim panel below the steering wheel to get a better view. As I am not a contortionist/didn't want to cut my hands to bits I decided on a different approach. I unplugged the old one and left it in situ. Plugged the new one in and checked that it worked  - which it did. I then secured the new one behind the trim in a place where it couldn't melt or burn anything if it got warm. Its also now much easier to replace if it fails again. So far so good. I'm wondering whether this component is prone to failure because its fitted into a cavity where any heat it does generate can build up and weaken the thermal fuse causing eventual failure.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, John1v6 said:

I'm wondering whether this component is prone to failure because its fitted into a cavity where any heat it does generate can build up and weaken the thermal fuse causing eventual failure.

It's fitted in a cavity that gets air from the blower fan blasted past it to help keep it cool.

I don't expect your replacement will last long if you use fan speed 1 or 2 often as the resistor will get extremely hot, not to mention the possibility of fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

It's fitted in a cavity that gets air from the blower fan blasted past it to help keep it cool.

I don't expect your replacement will last long if you use fan speed 1 or 2 often an the resistor will get extremely hot, not to mention the possibility of fire.

Thank you for the tip. Replaced mine a while back. Makes sense though...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have to replace this on my wife's car AGAIN. It has failed after about 9 months. As has been said here speeds 1,2 and 3 all make use of the resistor block to limit the current to the blower motor. This means the slower the blower is running the more heat is generated in the resistor ( 1 is worse than 2 which is worse than 3 for heat). Since it relies on fan airflow to cool it you end up with the worst heat generation with the least airflow - leading to early failure. The heat generated is enough to cause injury - I know this from experience! On setting 4 the resistor block is bypassed completely. Its also a total pig to get to - I paid a garage to do it last time since I am not a contortionist! I once had one fail on a MK3 mondeo and that was simple to replace in comparison.

• Like 1

If it has failed again, then is the airflow blocked either by a dirty pollen filter, or is the intake plenum full of crud ?  I clean out the plenum on both our Fusion, and our 2007 Fiesta.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, isetta said:

I know some resistor packs have a thermal fuse fixed in them(not designed to be replaceable) to prevent fire. That fuse blows by external heat(external to the fuse) and not current.

I'm fairly sure Isetta is correct, in that there is a thermal fuse that will stop the fan running on low speeds, and thus it will only work on full speed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club