Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Rack & Kayak

cube101

Hi all,

I go kayaking quite a bit and am just in the process of looking at getting my own. Thing is, to the lug the kayak about i only have my 3 door Fiesta mk6 so was wondering if i will be able to fit some roof bars and if it will be okay with a kayak at 2.75m in length... does anybody have any experiance with roof bars on the fiesta? are they nice a sturdy? is the fiesta going to be okay with this?????

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I go kayaking quite a bit and am just in the process of looking at getting my own. Thing is, to the lug the kayak about i only have my 3 door Fiesta mk6 so was wondering if i will be able to fit some roof bars and if it will be okay with a kayak at 2.75m in length... does anybody have any experiance with roof bars on the fiesta? are they nice a sturdy? is the fiesta going to be okay with this?????

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Steve

A friend used to use a 3dr mk6 fiesta for kayaking and had problems with the rear crossbar coming off while carrying boats. This being caused by the fixing of the feet to the roof (assuming standard thule bars or similar).

5dr models of other cars dont suffer from this as badly as the feet fittings have more to grip onto under the top edge of the rear doors.

However, iv seen smaller cars (micra's and ka's) manage 4 boats on the roof fine despite being 3dr thanks to a "short roof adapter".

This is basically a bit of metal running between the stronger fixed front crossbar and the less secure rear crossbar.

Perhaps try and locate a similar kit/adapter?

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3 kayaks.

1) Prijon Capri 3.66 m.

2) Wilderness Systems Picollo 4.10 m.

3) Prijon Touryak 4.75 m.

only (legal/insurance) problem is the total weight ... the Capri and the Touryak will be replaced by lightweight short seakayaks ( 4.25 m. ).

2eyklf5.jpg

i6xx6x.jpg

2j3pkqv.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club