Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Xenons

Walker90

Hi

If i want to fit xenons on my new fiesta zetec s will this not void my manufacturers warranty?

Or would Ford just work on the car like normal when i took it in for a service?

Thanks

It depends what you mean by Xenons.

If you mean HID Xenons, yes you would have warranty issues when claiming over electrical faults.

If you mean Xenon filled bulbs, it will make no difference to your warranty.

Thanks

Im guessing that i dont need a conversion kit to have the xenon filled bulbs then?

Also, do you know what the legal limit is? A friend told me it was 8000K but im not sure

The bulbs are just bulbs, so a straight swap.

Not sure on the legal limit in terms of colour/temperature, but I can tell you that putting any HID Kit (regardless of colour) in a fiesta is illegal.

See here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

You need to install headlamp washers and self-levelling headlamps to make it legal. Which you can't do.

Thanks for your help :)

Does anyone have an opinion on what are the best bulbs to give a xenon style look and which bulbs provide the best colours?

i have a HID convertion on mine and its fine with the warrenty i have had a service with mine and repairs with electrical faults at fords themselves.

and the legal limit is 6000k and they are easy to fit. very good aswell with the high/low beam flash.

Well I have my new bulbs delivered and fitted today, only took half an hour to do, i must say they are an improvement, was concerned at first as i have the xenon similar lights atm as i have thye zetec s but now no yellow tinge, all white!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club