Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update

AJP2021

Hi all,

I am new to the Ford Club having just bought a Fiesta Titanium 2017 reg. I upgraded from a 2005 Fiat Punto which served me well but wanted to experience a decent car and it has been amazing to drive it so far. It has the touch screen Sync 3. 

I am having an issue with map updates. It is on 6.1 so the previous owner has not updated. I've gone through the process to update software and proceed to d/l and install the maps. My build version states: 20204. It seemed to run the system update ok. 

I've plugged in the USB for the maps and the system update has run for awhile then It says stage one complete and to initiate a key restart. I do this and it displays updating system for a short period before giving me the same prompt again - stage one complete. The map version has not changed. So i am stuck in a loop.

Any ideas on the issue here? 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I am going to be getting it serviced at my local Ford dealer in the near future and it has 1 year warranty so wouid it be covered under that if they fix it? 

--update think l've solved it now! 

Thanks

Alan 

Edited by AJP2021
More information

Not sure about the being stuck in a loop issue but a search about updating etc gives a lot of results to read through.

The dealer may update the software and maps free of charge on a service if you use said dealer regularly and build up mutual loyalty. Most charge though I am told.

If you have messed something up on the update (user error) or have created the fault, I doubt they will cover that under warranty and will charge if you want it putting right.

I got stuck in a loop doing mine; in the end I used the downloads and much help from these guys-

https://cyanlabs.net/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club