Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


2010 Focus MK2.5 which Leather seats could fit


Exeman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys , help please ,wish to change the heated Titanium cloth seats to half leather ,nothing around for a 5 door .(need 5 seats for ins. co. and dvla). would mk3 seats fit or mk3.5 seats fit apart from the pretensioners (lovely set on ebay) or Mondeos or ??? any advice greatly appreciated                      best regards Exeman

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Exeman said:

Hi Guys , help please ,wish to change the heated Titanium cloth seats to half leather ,nothing around for a 5 door .(need 5 seats for ins. co. and dvla). would mk3 seats fit or mk3.5 seats fit apart from the pretensioners (lovely set on ebay) or Mondeos or ??? any advice greatly appreciated                      best regards Exeman

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, 

You could fit focus ST seats but you will loose the middle seat belt in the back, full leather ST3 MK2/MK2.5 had heated leather seats but only four seat belts, 

I've changed my MK2.5 seats to recaro; I have a guide here which shows full restoration and fitting; in the event that there in need of some restoration but there a straight swap if all is good, 

Best advice; remove back seat first then take front seats out through the back doors, two person lift on front seats, 

Person supporting bottom section comes in the front door and out the back door.

My full list of guides here: 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

 And seat guide is among that list but here it is: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-recaro-seat-rail-repair-focus-st-mk2-mk25-2005-2011/ 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MK2 ST seats do for, but there’s only full leather heated Recaro’s or full cloth non-heated Recaro’s. MK3 ST seats do also fit afaik, and there are half leather non-heated Recaro’s in the ST2 with coloured inserts (grey, red, yellow or blue).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, BigLen said:

Hi, 

You could fit focus ST seats but you will loose the middle seat belt in the back, full leather ST3 MK2/MK2.5 had heated leather seats but only four seat belts, 

I've changed my MK2.5 seats to recaro; I have a guide here which shows full restoration and fitting; in the event that there in need of some restoration but there a straight swap if all is good, 

Best advice; remove back seat first then take front seats out through the back doors, two person lift on front seats, 

Person supporting bottom section comes in the front door and out the back door.

My full list of guides here: 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

 And seat guide is among that list but here it is: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-recaro-seat-rail-repair-focus-st-mk2-mk25-2005-2011/ 

 

Thanks Len , very useful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, dtulip8 said:

MK2 ST seats do for, but there’s only full leather heated Recaro’s or full cloth non-heated Recaro’s. MK3 ST seats do also fit afaik, and there are half leather non-heated Recaro’s in the ST2 with coloured inserts (grey, red, yellow or blue).

Thanks for reply Daniel,   when you say MK3 ST  do you mean Focus MK2  ST3  not Focus MK3 ST2 or ST3 (can be confusing) as when referring to MK2 or MK3 that's the Focus MK2 or 3 ? but But ST2 or ST3 or ST-2 or ST-3 are the seats (i can get confused)                                   found a cracking set of "MK3.5 Recaro ST-2  1/2 leather"   5 seater (has centre strap) but don't know if they could be made to fit

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, Exeman said:

Thanks for reply Daniel,   when you say MK3 ST  do you mean Focus MK2  ST3  not Focus MK3 ST2 or ST3 (can be confusing) as when referring to MK2 or MK3 that's the Focus MK2 or 3 ? but But ST2 or ST3 or ST-2 or ST-3 are the seats (i can get confused)                                   found a cracking set of "MK3.5 Recaro ST-2  1/2 leather"   5 seater (has centre strap) but don't know if they could be made to fit

 

Hi Richard, the MK2 or MK3 refers to the generation or shape of the vehicle. ST2 and ST3 (with or without the hyphen) are the trims. For example, I own a MK2 Focus ST3. It is confusing if you’re unfamiliar with the terms. So as yours is a MK2, the MK2 ST came either with non-heated cloth seats (ST2) or full leather heated seats (ST3 like mine). The MK3 (the MK3.5 you describe is the facelift) had half-leather non-heated seats (ST2) or electric full leather heated seats (ST3). 
 

The ones you have found should be ideal for what you want, I have seen MK2 ST’s with MK3 seats in them and MK2 ST seats fit straight into regular MK2’s like yours so they should be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ive put st leather recaros in mine i kept the metal back part for the rear swapped it for the st rear back ie took the leather off the metal back and put on the originall that was there  so ive got three seat belts in back i also wired up the heated seats so they heat up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

ive put st leather recaros in mine i kept the metal back part for the rear swapped it for the st rear back ie took the leather off the metal back and put on the originall that was there  so ive got three seat belts in back i also wired up the heated seats so they heat up.

How do you remove the fabric from the metal of the rear seat? 

I've got an ST recaro bottom section of rear seat; but it's rusty, and my existing base section is perfect; can I easily swap recaro fabric on to the standard metal base ? 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BigLen said:

How do you remove the fabric from the metal of the rear seat? 

I've got an ST recaro bottom section of rear seat; but it's rusty, and my existing base section is perfect; can I easily swap recaro fabric on to the standard metal base ? 

Thanks

i think it was just a series of clips mine are leather it might be different for yours i found it farely easy and im not good at most things lol

a guy like you len should have no problems .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

ive put st leather recaros in mine i kept the metal back part for the rear swapped it for the st rear back ie took the leather off the metal back and put on the originall that was there  so ive got three seat belts in back i also wired up the heated seats so they heat up.

Nice one John , so the 4 seater now looks like a 5 seater like it no need then to inform insurers , like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Hi Richard, the MK2 or MK3 refers to the generation or shape of the vehicle. ST2 and ST3 (with or without the hyphen) are the trims. For example, I own a MK2 Focus ST3. It is confusing if you’re unfamiliar with the terms. So as yours is a MK2, the MK2 ST came either with non-heated cloth seats (ST2) or full leather heated seats (ST3 like mine). The MK3 (the MK3.5 you describe is the facelift) had half-leather non-heated seats (ST2) or electric full leather heated seats (ST3). 
 

The ones you have found should be ideal for what you want, I have seen MK2 ST’s with MK3 seats in them and MK2 ST seats fit straight into regular MK2’s like yours so they should be fine.

Thanks Daniel , music to my ears ,this is showing just the front before clean ,don't think they're heated but've got a centre seatbelt ,not that I'd use it but would comply with insurer and dvla .  they're from a Focus MK3.5 going into a Focus MK2.5 . hope I can make them fit . over 5 hrs there and back  . expensive mistake if I can't . thanks Daniel

Image 1 - Ford Focus ST MK3.5 Recaro ST-2 Seats Complete Set Interior Half Leather

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Exeman said:

Thanks Daniel , music to my ears ,this is showing just the front before clean ,don't think they're heated but've got a centre seatbelt ,not that I'd use it but would comply with insurer and dvla .  they're from a Focus MK3.5 going into a Focus MK2.5 . hope I can make them fit . over 5 hrs there and back  . expensive mistake if I can't . thanks Daniel

Image 1 - Ford Focus ST MK3.5 Recaro ST-2 Seats Complete Set Interior Half Leather

let us know how you get on id so love to fit them tomy focus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Exeman said:

Nice one John , so the 4 seater now looks like a 5 seater like it no need then to inform insurers , like it

i just told them id put in leather interior.ive had people sit in the midle at the back no problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrmetallica said:

let us know how you get on id so love to fit them tomy focus

Will do John but may take a couple of weeks .just watching the YouTube videos on how to do the basics 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Exeman said:

Will do John but may take a couple of weeks .just watching the YouTube videos on how to do the basics 

thats fine if i buy some it will be next year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership