Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding Parking Sensors (CAN bus ?)

Cwatters

Thinking of buying a Fiesta and adding parking sensors. Seen several YouTube videos and it looks easy enough to install basic sensors but..

On some Fords when parking sensors are triggered you get a pop-up indication on the display showing which corner is triggering and range data. Can the Fiesta do this?

If so I assume I would need a parking sensor module with CAN bus interface and find a way to connect it up and do some configuration with Forescan?

I'm guessing there isnt a convenient connector to plug into the CAN bus on a car which doesn't have factory sensors but I'm up for hacking the loom if anyone knows where to find the bus at the back of a Fiesta?

If it matters I'm looking at a 2017 on.

Why don't you just buy a Fiesta with parking sensors already fitted from the factory? The cost of retro-fitting them would certainly be higher than buying a higher spec fiesta.

It's not really an easy job to retrofit the OEM system into the mk7, the sensors are fed directly to the BCM AFAIK.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:04 PM, Luke4efc said:

Why don't you just buy a Fiesta with parking sensors already fitted from the factory? The cost of retro-fitting them would certainly be higher than buying a higher spec fiesta.

It's not really an easy job to retrofit the OEM system into the mk7, the sensors are fed directly to the BCM AFAIK.

I've been looking at second hand cars.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, Paulkp said:

I fitted Dolphin parking sensors from :

ParkingSensors.co.uk Home Page

Not the cheapest kit around, but very good, and not to a canbus car.

They do have a page on canbus compatability:

https://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/page/vehicle-compatibility-canbus

Thanks I'll take a look. 

Just found someone that's done it...

3 hours ago, Cwatters said:

I've been looking at second hand cars.

Ik that, there's still loads of second hand cars with them already fitted from the factory.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club