Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Theft of keyless vehicles

BlueMike2021

Must be a quiet news day, how many years has that video been used now...

• Haha 1

Fair comment, can't hurt though to remind people from time to time, or to flag it for anyone new to having a keyless vehicle.

It’s worth mentioning that Fords from 2019 onwards should have sleepy keys to help stop this type of theft. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Must be a quiet news day, how many years has that video been used now...

It's too hot to do any crime today... :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had my last  Fiesta stolen that way.   The key is now kept in a Faraday box overnight and a krooklock is fitted to the steering wheel with the wheels on full lock.

5 hours ago, Bobr said:

Had my last  Fiesta stolen that way.   The key is now kept in a Faraday box overnight and a krooklock is fitted to the steering wheel with the wheels on full lock.

Not using the Disklok any more Bob? Or maybe you meant that rather than Krooklock 🙂

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Not using the Disklok any more Bob? Or maybe you meant that rather than Krooklock 🙂

Spot on mate.

I miss my old Krooklok, saved my works laptop back in the late 1990's.

It was a hot day and I was in my Toyota MR2 T-Bar with the roof off. Stupidly I had my laptop in the passenger footwell.

I was sitting at a set of traffic lights when a guy on a bicycle came up my inside and leant in and tried to steal the laptop.

Managed to whack him in the teeth with my Krooklok, very satisfying, hope the little winker lost some teeth.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blatto said:

I miss my old Krooklok, saved my works laptop back in the late 1990's.

It was a hot day and I was in my Toyota MR2 T-Bar with the roof off. Stupidly I had my laptop in the passenger footwell.

I was sitting at a set of traffic lights when a guy on a bicycle came up my inside and leant in and tried to steal the laptop.

Managed to whack him in the teeth with my Krooklok, very satisfying, hope the little winker lost some teeth.

Nice one.

9 hours ago, Blatto said:

Nice one mate 🙂