Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another aircon question

Kenny_stline

Sorry all, just topped up my air con on my mk7.5 as it was quite low, anyway when turned on the fan comes on then the rpm picks up, but am I supposed to hear a click sound or not as I can’t hear it? It’s coming through cold but not as cold as the transit van I drive that thing is like a fridge

any help would be appreciated 👌

I can only hear the air con clutch click in when I have the window open and put my head out the window................whilst stationary of course !

• Haha 1

I have no click, I remember when I had my mk6 it would click on and off every now and then but this car I can’t hear it 

I don't hear any click on my Focus Mk4 but the A/C is working fine. May be the A/C clutches are quieter than they used to be

Look at the aircon pump clutch whilst someone turns switch on and off. When off, the far end part of shaft does not turn, when on the end of shaft moves towards pulley to grip it so it turns

With engine running of course

Cheers all will check this out in the morning 

Right tested everything  and all seems to be working, anyway  I decided to take it to fords for confirmation , £70 I’ll never get back lol and yes all working he did point out that my stage 2 intercooler could be causing a slight increase in temp due to it covering half of the rad 🤷‍♂️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club