Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wheels super hot

markhamil94

So yesterday I heard a continuous "tap tap tap" noise with my windows down, I figured some rock in my tire. Problem is when I park my car I smell a burning smell. The rear wheels are both extremely hot to touch and definitely smells of burning. Ford dealership just last week freed up a seized caliper pin and replaced rear roters and pads, so I immediately think.. what did they screw up?

I read this could be because of a stuck caliper so I put the car up and the rear wheel spins but not effortlessly. I took it into a closer shop for inspection and they said the rear wheels are reading twice the temp of the front, so they believe something is going on but couldn't tell me what exactly and to take it back to Ford. Oddly enough they said the calipers appear fine?

Now I know nothing about cars and obviously I plan on having it towed to Ford once I get back into town, just curious if anyone here might have any idea what it might be.

It sounds like it's either brakes binding or failing wheel bearings.

If it's both sides then probably the parking brake not set correctly.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:20 AM, markhamil94 said:

So yesterday I heard a continuous "tap tap tap" noise with my windows down, I figured some rock in my tire. Problem is when I park my car I smell a burning smell. The rear wheels are both extremely hot to touch and definitely smells of burning. Ford dealership just last week freed up a seized caliper pin and replaced rear roters and pads, so I immediately think.. what did they screw up?  https://vlc.onl/

I read this could be because of a stuck caliper so I put the car up and the rear wheel spins but not effortlessly. I took it into a closer shop for inspection and they said the rear wheels are reading twice the temp of the front, so they bel Appvalley ieve something is going on but couldn't tell me what exactly and to take it back to Ford. Oddly enough they said the calipers appear fine?  Tweakbox

Now I know nothing about cars and obviously I plan on having it towed to Ford once I get back into town, just curious if anyone here might have any idea what it might be.

issue got solvedd

It's another Bot, hopefully the Admins will delete it's account.

• Like 1

You can find the real topic here

• Like 1