Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps Update, File Missing

auldreekie

Updated my 2019 Fiesta active 1 sync 3 software today successfully, uploaded the log file back to Ford website, all sorted successfully.

I then downloaded the Maps update "Map_23667292793_Update.zip" to my hard drive, I then decompressed the zip file to the empty 128gb USB drive (same stick I updated earlier update with).

According to Fords website for the maps update instructions  it should give me  A folder titled “SyncMyRide”, One file “autoinstall.lst”, and One file “DONTINDX.MSA

When the map update is extracted one file is missing (according to Ford's instruction), It only gives 1 folder titled "Syncmyride" & "Autoinstall.lst", BUT NO "DONTINDX.MSA". I've not attempted to install the update with the missing file to the car yet in case it screws things up.

I've tried downloading the update again in case there was a hiccup with the download but result is the same. 

Is this a error on Ford's instruction or have I missed something?

Download speed is not a issue with over 100mbps download speed. 

That file was not there this time when I updated my Focus too and the update worked fine. According to some other threads in the Focus section by members with more technical knowledge than me it is not important.

I did do a full format of my stick before putting the new maps on it because I have been caught out before when doing updates when I only did a quick format on a stick that had the Sync update and other stuff on it.

Thanks Tizer. I made sure all previous files were wiped before putting the maps update on. 

Can I ask how long it t{k to install on the car? 

Looks like a wee drive somewhere tomorrow then😁

23 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

Thanks Tizer. I made sure all previous files were wiped before putting the maps update on. 

Can I ask how long it t{k to install on the car? 

It took me a little over 2 hours and that is with a USB 3.1 stick. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club