Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power folding mirrors

Miltzjr

I have recently bought a pair of power folding mirrors.

i have a facelift MK6 which didn’t come with them and have just fitted them.

I’ve had a brief look at the wires on them to see if they have any extra, they do not, and have also checked the fuse box to see if I need to make any new wires for them, there isn’t any that I can see are required more than I already have. 

my question is, are they plug and play then? I have also bought the mirror switch as well which is coming in a couple of days, as far as I can see, there isn’t a whole deal much to do apart from fitting everything. If anyone knows anything about this, would be a big help 👍🏽

They might be... I've heard of a few stories from people who've been able to fit them and they work right out the gate. But in seemingly most cases, they don't.

The good news is that it isn't a physical compatibility issue. But chances are that you'll need to access the car's computer using an OBD reader with an ELM 327 chip and some sort of software that can be used to read and write the settings on the various modules like Forscan... You'll also need a laptop or a windows tablet to use the software as well... Though maybe you could jerry rig it and use one, or a few, USB extensions if you only have a desktop, but I'm not sure how that'd go.

In my case, they weren't and the settings needed to be changed... 

• Like 1

Might have to look in to using Forscan to see if the program needs opening to allow the mirrors to work.

• 1 month later...

I have some more follow-up for this.

i received the mirror switch and plugged it in, still nothing, but the wire for the 8th pin is present. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club