Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help with blank odometer!

HardiHolpus

Hello to everyone from Estonia.

I have a Fiesta Mark VI (in the UK known as Mark VII). 2009 1.4 TDCi 5-speed manual 5-door model.

The problem I have is that the odometer suddenly went blank 2 years ago and since then I've marked the mileage every day very roughly. Now as I'm planning to sell this car, I really need to get the exact mileage to show it to buyer and so I thought if there's some kind of method of connecting something to OBD2 port and getting the read from there. 

I've already contacted local Ford dealer and they only offered to replace the whole module and re-program it, but it would cost over 600 €, which is 1/3 of the price of this car now.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

The only way I know of is a Ford dealer has to run a network test through their computers, from this they can see the milage in the session history

If you buy a suitable Adaptor and download FORScan then the true mileage is shown in some of the Modules, unless these Modules have been replaced at some time. You will see this when you first connect FORScan up to the car.

• Like 2

This FORScan software seems interesting. Can you recommend any cheaper scan tools that will do the thing with that?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, HardiHolpus said:

Can you recommend any cheaper scan tools that will do the thing with that?

This one from Tunnelrat seems pretty popular with the forum users.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club