Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Focus ST Line X CD Player option?

AndyM77

I have a 2019 Focus Estate ST Line X.

It has a Sync 3 media system.

I have been scouring the internet to try and find out if I can have a CD player fitted, with no luck.

If anyone has any information then please say. 

It is a £200 option on the Ford New Car build site on my model, but can't get an answer from anyone whether I can retro fit one?

Thanks

Bite the bullet and get a music subscription….

Copy all your CDs to AAC (better than MP3), stick the digital copies on a flash drive & connect it to the usb port in the armrest.

Thanks for the replies, I should have made it clear in my original post...

I am not interested in streaming options at all, no mp3s/AAC/WAV/FLAC, no USB stick, Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

😃

• Like 2

Exactly.  I have hundreds of CDs, copying many thousands of hours of music just isn't feasible.  

I think you'd have to compare head unit part numbers between 2019 and 2020 cars, if you can find them.

Can't you get one through Ford that fits into the clove box 

Strangely, on the new car build page, a CD player is a £200 option on a brand new Focus Estate ST Line.

However when I asked the Ford dealer when I bought it, he went away and said it wasn't possible.

Although he did not seem confident or knowledgeable, so I am still holding a small amount of hope.

Even if I wanted to rip all my discs onto a USB device, I don't have a laptop or PC with a disc drive, so that isn't really an option.

Some might think discs are history, some might disagree. It's just that car makers are forcing the decision so they can sell the latest technology in the car adverts, rather than, you know...the car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyM77 said:

Thanks for the replies, I should have made it clear in my original post...

I am not interested in streaming options at all, no mp3s/AAC/WAV/FLAC, no USB stick, Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

😃

Fair enough, but as it currently stands you can't play your music. It looks like you can get external CD/DVD drives for just over £20 & if you copied a few every week you'd eventually future proof your collection. 

You may need to look at other options if you can't get a CD player retro-fitted. Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Exactly.  I have hundreds of CDs, copying many thousands of hours of music just isn't feasible.  

I think you'd have to compare head unit part numbers between 2019 and 2020 cars, if you can find them.

Surely it's more feasible than having hundreds of CDs in the car which would need changing every CD? While the initial copying might take a while, when it's finished, it's done. You have the added benefit of it being much cheaper too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AndyM77 said:

Strangely, on the new car build page, a CD player is a £200 option on a brand new Focus Estate ST Line.

However when I asked the Ford dealer when I bought it, he went away and said it wasn't possible.

Although he did not seem confident or knowledgeable, so I am still holding a small amount of hope.

Even if I wanted to rip all my discs onto a USB device, I don't have a laptop or PC with a disc drive, so that isn't really an option.

Some might think discs are history, some might disagree. It's just that car makers are forcing the decision so they can sell the latest technology in the car adverts, rather than, you know...the car.

The Ford dealer is correct. 

The original optional Focus MK4 CD-player inside the glovebox is only available as a factory fitted option. Unlike the Fiesta MK8 CD-player the Focus MK4 CD-player is not available as a Ford accessoire for retrofitting.

As far as I know there are 2 reasons for this. The CD-player wiring is not seperately available which basically means that the complete dashboard wiring harness needs to be replaced. The biggest problem however is activating the CD-player in the vehicle software. Until now the configuration parameters for the CD-player are simply unknown. Until now I have not seen or heard of a succesful retrofit.

Thankyou, sounds like a definitive answer, exactly what I wanted.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, JW1982 said:

The Ford dealer is correct. 

The original optional Focus MK4 CD-player inside the glovebox is only available as a factory fitted option. Unlike the Fiesta MK8 CD-player the Focus MK4 CD-player is not available as a Ford accessoire for retrofitting.

As far as I know there are 2 reasons for this. The CD-player wiring is not seperately available which basically means that the complete dashboard wiring harness needs to be replaced. The biggest problem however is activating the CD-player in the vehicle software. Until now the configuration parameters for the CD-player are simply unknown. Until now I have not seen or heard of a succesful retrofit.