Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbook - Ford Fiesta 2009

laura1997

Hi all, 

I am just wondering, I brought a second-hand 2009 Fiesta (Style+) in May and it didn't come with the handbook; I've been pulling my hair out since because there's so much about the car I have no idea what it does! Like the brakes always feel like they're sinking but I don't know whether that's a feature of the car or a dodgy mechanic telling me they're okay and they're not. When I look on the Ford Website for models of Fiesta made up to January 2009 (car was first registered then) I cannot find the right one for me as the "at first glance" shows more controls than what I know I have. 

I have searched for Glovebox.Net and others and nothing has come up. Any help would be appreciated! 

31 minutes ago, laura1997 said:

Hi all, 

I am just wondering, I brought a second-hand 2009 Fiesta (Style+) in May and it didn't come with the handbook; I've been pulling my hair out since because there's so much about the car I have no idea what it does! Like the brakes always feel like they're sinking but I don't know whether that's a feature of the car or a dodgy mechanic telling me they're okay and they're not. When I look on the Ford Website for models of Fiesta made up to January 2009 (car was first registered then) I cannot find the right one for me as the "at first glance" shows more controls than what I know I have. 

I have searched for Glovebox.Net and others and nothing has come up. Any help would be appreciated! 

Have a search on eBay there are plenty of Fiesta handbooks for sale, just had a look.                                                    

The handbook covers all trim levels so will include things that your model doesn't have.  

It won't mention anything about sinking brakes though.  Has the fluid been changed within the last two years?

17 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Have a search on eBay there are plenty of Fiesta handbooks for sale, just had a look.                                                    

Hiya, thank you for replying - I am relatively new at this. I only passed my test a couple of months ago and the world of cars is all new. Just wasn't sure if it had to be specific to the year and edition of the car etc. Thanks for the help! 

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The handbook covers all trim levels so will include things that your model doesn't have.  

It won't mention anything about sinking brakes though.  Has the fluid been changed within the last two years?

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. It's all new to me this car stuff! I'm not sure, the car unfortunately didn't come with service history (it was a bit of a dodgy garage, which I realised after the sale).

I did look at one manual and it said it could be because of ABS and it said the brakes may feel lower when breaking, but to keep an even pressure whilst braking. Before this car, I drove a 20-year old Nissan so maybe it's just adjusting to ABS breaks. However, I will get the car serviced ASAP and ask them to check brake fluid. 

You should only rarely feel the ABS kick in if you have to brake hard on a wet or muddy road.  Brakes do feel different between cars though so it's probably just something to get used to. :smile: 

Probably got worn rear shoes in conjunction with seized rear self adjustment mechanism. How many clicks for the handbrake to work?

Or even a seizing front caliper.

As mentioned check if the brake fluid is clean and check all the brakes for wear or seizing, luckily Fiesta brakes are not expensive.

27 minutes ago, laura1997 said:

Hiya, thank you for replying - I am relatively new at this. I only passed my test a couple of months ago and the world of cars is all new. Just wasn't sure if it had to be specific to the year and edition of the car etc. Thanks for the help! 

Definitely worth seeking out an appropriate handbook.Ideal for all the basics you will need eg correct tyre pressures, what the switches do and such like.

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You should only rarely feel the ABS kick in if you have to brake hard on a wet or muddy road.  Brakes do feel different between cars though so it's probably just something to get used to. :smile: 

Hopefully this is the case! Thank you for your help 🙂

32 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Definitely worth seeking out an appropriate handbook.Ideal for all the basics you will need eg correct tyre pressures, what the switches do and such like.

Absolutely, will definitely try to find out. 

45 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Probably got worn rear shoes in conjunction with seized rear self adjustment mechanism. How many clicks for the handbrake to work?

Or even a seizing front caliper.

As mentioned check if the brake fluid is clean and check all the brakes for wear or seizing, luckily Fiesta brakes are not expensive.

I have asked the garage I brought it from to check and they said it is okay. but these are definitely things I will ask them to check over. Thank you for your help! 

21 minutes ago, laura1997 said:

I have asked the garage I brought it from to check and they said it is okay. but these are definitely things I will ask them to check over. Thank you for your help! 

It's perfectly OK to get a second opinion if you're not happy

3 hours ago, laura1997 said:

Hi all, 

Dont' know if youve had a look here but this lists all the MOT's your cars had and any faults they found:

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

7 hours ago, laura1997 said:

Hi all, 

if you look at ford's own website they do actually have digital versions of the owners handbook

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club