Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front passenger wheel noise?

DavidMalan

Hi all,

im new to the forum and this is my first post. I have recently bought a 2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost, and there seems to be an annoying tapping/knocking coming from the front passenger wheel.

I have jacked the car up and checked for any play in anti roll bar by rocking the wheel side to side and top and bottom, no play, I e checked for any play in the wishbone bushes, all seems fine. Brake discs and pads seem fine also. 

When I turn the wheel by hand I can hear the knocking/tapping but can’t work out where it’s coming from, I only have to move the wheel ever so slightly to replicate the noise, doesn’t need to do a full turn.

Also separate from that, when driving on the motorway, the backend feels like it’s snaking all over the place, any ideas on that?

thanks all for your comments and suggestions!

Driveshaft..... Maybe ?

Remove the wheel - Jack the front end up off the floor and start the engine, carefully listen.

As for the backend going all over the place, it could well be the trailing arm bushes, well know problem, the central alloy bush deteriorates and gets smashed to bits. 

These are the bushes that cause bumping/knocking/floating of the rear end.

bush-003.jpg

On 7/30/2021 at 9:28 AM, DavidMalan said:

Hi all,

im new to the forum and this is my first post. I have recently bought a 2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost, and there seems to be an annoying tapping/knocking coming from the front passenger wheel.

I have jacked the car up and checked for any play in anti roll bar by rocking the wheel side to side and top and bottom, no play, I e checked for any play in the wishbone bushes, all seems fine. Brake discs and pads seem fine also. 

When I turn the wheel by hand I can hear the knocking/tapping but can’t work out where it’s coming from, I only have to move the wheel ever so slightly to replicate the noise, doesn’t need to do a full turn.

Also separate from that, when driving on the motorway, the backend feels like it’s snaking all over the place, any ideas on that?

thanks all for your comments and suggestions!

omegle

Thank you my issue has been solved

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club