Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2010 - 6000Cd with DAB?

Risco

I am looking at a Ford Focus 2010. In the additional specs it says it has DAB radio with bluetooth and USB.

Is this a mistake or was this functionality able to be specced as upgrade when bought new?

On 7/30/2021 at 11:36 AM, Risco said:

I am looking at a Ford Focus 2010. In the additional specs it says it has DAB radio with Bluetooth and USB.

Is this a mistake or was this functionality able to be specced as upgrade when bought new?

It's a mistake. The 6000CD never had DAB (The blutooth, with limitations and USB are possible). You can easily add a DAB+ converter though like what I have...

• Like 1

Thanks, had a look and it does not even have usb. I have to add the connector at back of stereo. Passing on this one

5 hours ago, Risco said:

Thanks, had a look and it does not even have usb. I have to add the connector at back of stereo. Passing on this one

Geeze, you youngsters with your USB this, and your USB that LOL Mine (a 2005 car) has USB (to charge phone), DAB (as shown), and bluetooth via Garmin SatNav for handsfree phone! 🤣

1203550333_USBincar.thumb.jpg.b448e72337cda12cdcf433717063c421.jpg

the Ford Sony 6 disc auto changer head unit with its massively more powerful amp sounds so much better than the joke underpowered thing many had.... and some did come as an option with DAB.  If it had DAB its written on the facia left of the dial knob

I have one in my Mk2 its almost plug and play.....   FYI DAB is a dead format replaced with a totally different system DAB+ using different tuners, antenna and broadcasting

Europe went through a big switch over in 2016 - Germany just tuned of DAB, but in the UK we dual broadcast both side by side - this causes many simple tuners to die under the strain of too many channels.  In high reception areas some find >99 and DIE, it impacted Pug Merc and Ford and a software update is requird

Whilst DAB exists in the UK its in decline and not everything is broadcast any more...

the bottom pic is off eBay today at £85

1200760085_SonyDAB.thumb.jpg.57b9ded82149772ec5756b0a62790bbe.jpg 

s-l1600.jpg

On 7/30/2021 at 11:36 AM, Risco said:

I am looking at a Ford Focus 2010. In the additional specs it says it has DAB radio with Bluetooth and USB.

I Have a Ford Focus 2010 and it defiantly has DAB (says so on the front). It was the original radio in the car

58 minutes ago, Carl123 said:

I Have a Ford Focus 2010 and it defiantly has DAB (says so on the front). It was the original radio in the car

I've learned something, I always thought it was just the older 'square' head unit that was designated a 6000CD, not the more 'modern' curved one. Still, DAB is virtuially obsolete now superceded by DAB+

The 6000CD audio system did never support DAB

On the Focus MK2.5 DAB was only available on the premium Sony branded GEN3 single CD / 6-CD DAB audio systems.

• Like 1

the 6000cd nomenclature is just hideous it encompasses totally different hardware....  should have just said basic nasty radio

if were r even taking DAB - I doubt the OP has the cd6000 ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club