Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2020 , making noise only when accelerating

Rocoo

Already  had it booked in for its first interim service next Monday the 9th August anyway so they said since no lights on the dash board it should be ok until then .

Just wondering what it could be , driving well and smoothly but getting a humming noise when I accelerate.But noise goes as I take foot pressure of the Accelerator pedal .Some passengers can’t hear it but some say they do .

Out of interest is your Focus a mild hybrid? If so it could be the starter/generator working as an electric motor to assist your engine

Hi 

No , it’s the ST model 

1.0L Ford EcoBoost 125PS 6 Speed Manual

Was wondering as a job I was working for about 4 weeks a few months ago  the car park was very Sandy/Dusty , it was just a temporary car park for over load of cars .Could the Sandy conditions effecting the turbo charger or any engine part .?

checked my air filter out of curiosity and it was spotless .

In the engine bay , there a a fair bit of spray at the back like you mixed a light coloured clay/sand with water and it got splashed up from the wheels .

• Confused 1

So is it an ST or a 1 litre ST Line? The 1 litre could still be a mild hybrid?

No the dust shouldn't affect your car in anyway other than appearance, the air filter should block 99%+ of the particles before they get into your engine 👍

It’s not a mild hybrid , it’s as above 

1.0L Ford EcoBoost 125PS 6 Speed Manual 5 door petrol st line 

Seems fine now …….

Strange .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club