Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Issues

bradgfc11

Anyone had a ln issue when playing certain radio stations ( any DAB stations for me) that the station will play for several seconds and then stops all of a sudden following a thud like sound. The presets of station I have also saved also get wiped following this every time it happens. So I can’t listen to any DAB stations at the moment, any ideas?

Hi Bradley, welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

DAB radio signals in the North East are trully appalling, so don't expect great reception with your car.

One common problem is if you have a dashcam fitted especially if you have a rear dashcam. Also if you're unlucky to have an Insurance telematics box fitted.

The next most common issue is the DAB aerial pre-amp which fails and kills 99% of all DAB stations. The disappearing presets seems to happen when the radio can no longer find a pre-set frequency, it may depend on having the radio set to automatically change frequency to stay with a given station.

SEE ALSO :-

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club