Do Not Sell My Personal Information

36000 service costs

VickiF

Hi all, owned my edge from new, ford have just quoted £750 for the 36k service, this seems crazy expensive. Is it justified? Should I just get it serviced by another reputable garage? Any advice greatly received. Thanks. Vicki

I just hit 24k miles but had my 4 year/36k service done last month by Ford in Colchester.  Assuming you have an auto, over half of that cost will be the transmission service ( which was more than the (major) service portion in my case ).  They gave me a bit of a discount as I had the major service and auto service done at the same time but I had to ask. It was just under £700, plus they knocked a tenner off the MOT.   I also got a similar quote from another local Ford franchise in Tiptree  - they only offered £20 off if done at the same time - I think others on the forum have managed to negotiate a bigger discount.  Thanks to the forum I knew it was going to be an expensive one - it was still painful though 🙂      There really isn't anything stopping you using a non-franchised dealer - I guess you would need to get some quotes to see if you feel it is worth paying the premium ( personally I had a thing about it - I didn't want an independent garage servicing the transmission - maybe that's just me though)

15 hours ago, VickiF said:

ford have just quoted £750 for the 36k service

OMG !! It would be cheeper to get it serviced by an Estate Agent or a Lawyer, at least then you know your getting ripped off by a professional.

My two year sevice is due on my 2019 Focus, I was expecting about £200, will have to ring up and find out how much they want to steal.

Also bear in mind that the service intervals are 'technically' 24 months/18k miles so in theory you might have saved the cost of a 'year 3' service, but you can get an interim service ( think it is called a 'convenience service' ) if you aren't happy leaving it that long between services.   Another possible consideration is that Ford should include Ford Roadside Assistance for a year with your service - whether it is any good or not I don't know, I suspect Ford wouldn't drop me off at an independent garage 🙂

Re the previous comment, I can't comment on the 2 year cost on an Edge - it certainly would have been less than £350 as it wouldn't have included the transmission service, but we bought ours just after that service had been done.   VickiF - out of interest how much did your 2 year service cost?

I got my 36k/4yr service done 35.5k miles (3yrs old) at a main Ford dealer (in Sep 2019) and that cost a total of £610.36

Service: £344.08
Auto Trans oil Change: £266.28

Come to realise afterwards that, that didn't include a brake fluid change so will be getting that done soon.

20 hours ago, Trent Edge said:

I got my 36k/4yr service done 35.5k miles (3yrs old) at a main Ford dealer (in Sep 2019) and that cost a total of £610.36

Service: £344.08
Auto Trans Oil Change: £266.28

Come to realise afterwards that, that didn't include a brake fluid change so will be getting that done soon.

That service cost is about the same as mine - it is the transmission service that seems have been the major hit for me. The trans oil change without discount was originally quoted as £390 - I checked with 2 separate dealers as it seemed very high.  Perhaps they use special unicorn transmission fluid in Essex

• Haha 1