Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus do you recommend? 2012+ plates

TkdChef

Hi all, hope you're well

Looking to upsize from my current ford fiesta as we are expecting our first baby and looking for a more family size car from now on.

Busget wise likely can afford a 2012-2014 plate realistically. I read on a US site that 2012s been unreliable but not sure if that's a global or US issue and I'm in the UK

Wondered what anyone thoughts are and keen to hear from anyone that has a focus in those years and if you'd recommend or not 

Thanks !

What engine are you looking at?

Personally I'd avoid the early 1.0L ecoboosts. For starters the 2012 ones are due a cam-belt change next year, which is ridiculously expensive and time consuming compared to most other engines. There's also the degas hose issue to contend with.

The other engines seem just as reliable as any other out there (diesel will be mileage/driving style dependent obviously.)

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

I was considering a 1.6 diesel, for no real reason other than I have 2011 1.6 fiesta at the moment and had no issues for the last 3 years with it 

But I'm not really clued homeith cars at all.

Hi,

From personal experience the most expensive "usual" problem from the 8v 1.6 tdci is definetly fuel injectors which tend to fail shortly in my opinion.

Other than that I really like mk3 focus, it will for sure be more family oriented than the fiesta but keep in mind it's not the car with most leg room for back seats within the segment.

• Thanks 1

Thanks,

I'm hoping to get a car to keep around 4-5 years and by that point I'll be able to buy something on finance that's bigger again but in the meantime hope a focus would be big enough for 2/3 little ones 

The Focus really isn't that big in the back, depending on ages and car seats needed, you'll probably struggle with 3 regularly.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club