Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible stuck brake?

Daniel056

So as i pulled up today and put the car in park and pulled the handbrake up the same way i have always done it by pressing the button and pulling up but this time i heard what sounded like a bang, instantly i put the car into N with brake pressed and took handbrake off and pulled it back up and it seemed fine so i took foot off brake so only thing holding car is handbrake and the car doesn't move but when driving the car feels slightly under powered like takes longer to change up gears and sometimes feels like the car pulls to one side, i did notice a burning smell but i couldn't pin point it to my car, did touch the all 4 wheels and only front two are hot but thats normal right and even if it isn't the handbrake doesn't lock the front wheels so i wouldn't see how the two issues join up.

My friend thinks because i heard the bang i'm just over thinking and because i think something happened i'm falsely linking things up but i don't know, i'm thinking maybe one of the handbrake cables snapped but the other didn't as there is two right? so thats why the handbrake still pulls up normally and holds the car in place but the broken cable is stuck on? what would be the best way to tell? someone told me to just put no gas on and use the automatics creep forward to see if the car struggles to move but i think maybe i should jack up both rear tyres one at a time and take handbrake off and try to spin them?

6 minutes ago, Daniel056 said:

My friend thinks because i heard the bang i'm just over thinking

I like your friend

Just now, unofix said:

I like your friend

So you think he's right? i'm gonna check anyway to make sure or else it will drive me nuts.

Normally I like to go easy on newcomers, but your friend is right

10 hours ago, Daniel056 said:

or else it will drive me nuts

too late.

• Haha 1

For your own peace of mind, it'd probably be best to jack it up and see if either of the wheels are tight with the brake off or loose with the brake on...

Just as a long shot.

When you have it jacked up, inspect the road springs. When they fail they go with a good bang.

ScaniaPBman.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club