Do Not Sell My Personal Information

coolant in plug pots

phillt

My 1999 1.4 focus has been running sluggishly over the past month and I got round to look at it today.

I removed the cover for the plugs and was greeted by condensation over the underside of the cover the plugs have a divider between 2 & the sensor next to plug 3.

In the bottom of plugs 1&2 it is dry but in the bottom of plugs 3&4 there is what I can only describe as a mush about 3mm deep the same colour as the coolant.

Q. is the sensor something to do with the cooling system and would a replacement seal rectified the mush problem and would a new set of plugs rectified the sluggish running?

sounds like you have a small coolant leak causing condensation witch then collects, a comman problem with the focus is the thermostat housing whichs cracks/warpes so check this first.Have you been losing any coolant?

No evedent loss of coolant

Changed the plugs today and started to run better not 100% will change the HT leads tomorrow

see ho that goes.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

REGARDS PHILL

• 3 weeks later...
No evedent loss of coolant

Changed the plugs today and started to run better not 100% will change the HT leads tomorrow

see ho that goes.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

REGARDS PHILL

Are you sure it's coolant, as it may just be rusty water, check that it's not your washer jets leaking where they fit on the bonnet as this is a known issue on the MK2 (and some MK1 owners) as I had and many others have, I suggest hose water over the bonnet and washer jet area for a few minutes then lift bonnet and check for leaks on the underside of jets and plug area.

Cheers Pete

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club