Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 zetec s suspension

Steeley1985

Hey all. 

As per title, I have a MK3 1.6tdci zetec s, and I need to replace the rear shocks. Rear driver side is shot, so going to change both.

I'm wondering has anyone any experience of replacing the rear shocks and which product would you recommend? I believe the zetec s has "lowered sports" suspension as standard. So I'm wondering do I need a specific type of shock, and should I replace the rear springs at the same time? 

I had looked at Eibach kits, but don't fancy spending near a grand. So was thinking if I could get shocks and lowered springs separately, would that be the way to go? 

Cheers 

Addy

If on a budget a set of Sachs or KYB shocks will do with lowering springs. The shocks are simple to remove 2 bolts at top inside the wheel arch and one bolt at the bottom behind it. I would also check the condition of the mount when swapping it over.

Funny, it was KYB shocks I had looked at, so probably go with that.

Any recommendation on what lowering springs to go for? 

I come across these Coilovers and wondered if they'd be a job for the price? I've never heard of them before, so I was going to stick to known brands like KYB, Eibach, etc. 

Cheers

5 hours ago, Steeley1985 said:

Funny, it was KYB shocks I had looked at, so probably go with that.

Any recommendation on what lowering springs to go for? 

I come across these Coilovers and wondered if they'd be a job for the price? I've never heard of them before, so I was going to stick to known brands like KYB, eibach, etc. 

Cheers

They would be fine but you would have to get the car corner weighted after that. Lowering springs the most popular is Eibach it lowers 30mm but with zetec s they are originally lowered 15mm already so you would gain an extra 15mm drop with Eibach also there is Whiteline which are cheaper but still progressive springs so pretty much the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club