Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 4 powerfold mirrors

south_bound

Yesterday I had my drivers side power fold mirrors folded in by a clash with some eejit coming the other way along a narrow road.  Nothing broken and I was able to push it back to the right angle just like a manual one.  I didn't lock the car when I got home so haven't checked that the motorised part still works - is there any reason it shouldn't or is there any reason I could do some damage when the motor tries to fold them in?  My feeling is not by thought I would ask the question anyway.

You will know nothing until you see if they fold in, so, just put your big boy pants on, and report back what happens. 😄 I'm guessing it will all be fine...

• Haha 2

The only reason the motor would damage is if they werent foldable.  As you've found you can fold them with yuor hands so just do that a couple of times.  If it feels ok you should be fine.

Someone once thought they were being helpful in folding my mirror in whilst car was unlocked. I had to manually pull it back out, after that opened and closed as it should when lock/unlock procedure. All good.

Stu...

1 hour ago, south_bound said:

clash with some eejit

You’ve got a bunch of English people here wondering what an eejit is! 

20 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I know what it is and hear it being used occasionally...

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

image.thumb.png.ccc9678d666cc2e8e8a508d61fc86d76.png

• Haha 1

So I followed Stephen's advice, grew a pair, put on my tightest big boy pants, took a deep breath and...all is ok!  At least that's one thing that Ford got right.

I was tempted to look at the Renault forums to see if someone was asking the same question about the eejit in the Ford hitting him, but judging by the state of that car and the way it was being driven I don't think he would have noticed if the whole mirror had come off. 

• Like 1

Back years ago in a shared student house one of the girls was irish and she instigated the "Eejit indicator".  Which was a piece of paper on the wall detailing the usual student daftness of the week.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, south_bound said:

image.thumb.png.ccc9678d666cc2e8e8a508d61fc86d76.png

I didn’t know it’s Irish! Used in Scotland all the time. Comes from how we pronounce idiot. Especially west coast/Ayrshire areas.  Where eleven is pronounced eleeven and minutes are meenits. Lol  You learn something everyday ya eejit. 

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Very Irish lol, and we did get Father Ted over here! :laugh:

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club