Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag light

Markf2447

Hi has anyone fitted after market seats to their mk6 I've fitted some and can't get the airbag light to go out does anyone know how to resolve this issue tia

3 hours ago, Markf2447 said:

can't get the airbag light to go out

First step is to get an ELM327 adapter & Forscan. It will tell you which circuit is faulty, which will narrow it down. If there has been a spurious event that the RCM (Restraints Contol Module) has interpreted as a crash, then Forscan may be able to reset it, if all circuits are normal.

• Like 1

Hi tdci-peter thanks for the reply

What I'm meaning is I've fitted after market seats that don't have the ford wiring so is there anyway I can take the wiring from my original zetec s seats and adapt it to turn these seats to remove airbag light if I can what bits do I need to remove from zetec seats 

15 hours ago, Markf2447 said:

I've fitted after market seats that don't have the ford wiring

Typically the seat connector has: Buckle sensor switch, Belt Pre-tensioner firing signal, Seat side airbag firing signal, and for the passenger side there is also the seat pad sensor. This list is from the Focus wiring diagram, but most systems are similar.

Each of these signals is a pair of wires, and the RCM will always check every circuit, that there is the same continuity as expected. If the replacement seats don't have these facilities, then there could be safety & insurance problems as well as the light on. If it was just the passenger seat pad sensor, this could be shorted out, or replaced by a switch, possibly. But if pre-tensioners or any side airbags are missing, then it is a bigger problem. A reputable seat supplier should be able to provide this safety critical information.

Sorry to butt in..........Is there a very cheap tool to set the Airbag light like the Elm tool which i have with the switch on.

I had this problem with the light when i fitted another seatbelt and cost me some money as i could not find how to do it on Forscan.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but might be helpful to whoever sees this. Changing the interior of a ford vehicle can trigger the airbag light on due to false connection, damaged wiring, and other more. I saw this article Ford Airbag Light On article from the YOUCANIC website. I have the same problem when I was detailing the interior of my vehicle and removed my front seats. Then the airbag light comes on after I've reinstall the seat of my vehicle, neither did I know that the connector on the occupancy passenger sensor was damaged and while reading this article it helped me diagnose the problem and fix it immediately. That's why I recommend this YOUCANIC website because of the detailed airbag light article which hopefully help also others. Thank you and have a great day!

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club