Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 Bluetooth issues

Bengi

I have a focus estate 2015 with sync 2, and I've not been able to connect my phone, I've tried all the online advise e.g turn on and off, master reset etc but nothing works, I've tried other devices but no luck, either searching from the car or from the device, has anyone come across this issue and found a solution 

Try disconnecting the car battery for 20 minutes. It will cause the Sync2 / bluetooth to re-boot which often clears this type of problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've gave that a try and left disconnected for 40mins and that unfortuanyeky has not worked, phone cannot be found by car or car discovered by phone I've tried both ways 

Have you tried connecting other phones? 

If nothing will Pair, it would seem your bluetooth module is dead. 

Yeh I have tried various other phones, eg some android some apple, where abouts is the bluetooth module is it easily assedsible

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this problem with a 2015 Mondeo and Sync2.  It appears the bluetooth module will not turn on at all.

Not sure if there is anything in the manufacturers' service Tools that can examine the state of the Sync unit at a detail level.  Are there any Ford experienced mechanics out there who might know?

(apologies this doesn't move it forward yet)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bengi,

One more thing I notice on my head unit is that every time I power the car on it tries to contact Ford to do 'system maintenance'.  It only used to do this once a week or so, hence I'm concerned that this activity is not completing successfully.

Although the main Ford website says my software is up to date when I log in and check on my car's status.

Do you get this as well?

I also get the bluetooth symbol with the Red Cross at the bottom right of it, on the phone panel this is.

I've attached a file showing this plus the version of the head unit fitted

I just tried contacting a Ford main dealer  but my local one has a 9 week waiting time!

I'm very interesting into what others may suggest.

bluetooth-issue-summary.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Bengi

I've solved my problem, it appears that the bluetooth is a frequent failure on the Sync2 module according to one of the US Sync3 upgrade proponents.

So I bit the bullet and purchased a 2nd hand Sync2 module from eBay.  It cost me £65 and came from a 2016 Mustang.

On fitting it bluetooth started immediately so I guess this was the problem on my unit.

The interesting thing to note was that the unit I took out was manufactured on 18Aug2015 and the one I purchased from eBay was manufactured on 19Aug2015,.

So within 1 day of each other - I hope this one lasts longer.

The unit I purchased did not have Sat Nav application enabled so I had to use Forscan to program the APIM ASbuilt values to get it working again. 

But now all functions working fine.

Hope this is useful info for you

I'm sure it will be of help to some but Benji has never been back to the forum since his post of the 23rd August.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club