Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new map update sync 3

billybob66

Seems there is a new map update for sync3 units, not sure about sync 3.4 you will have to check.
file size is 24.7GB.

Wow, I only just updated it on Thursday! Is it just map stuff? Surely for that size there's got to be more?

Nothing available for mine. 

sync 3.4 maps 10. 

17 minutes ago, CyberJamSam said:

I'm getting mixed signals from ford

Screenshot_20210823-085428_Chrome.jpg

Ones for Sync and ones for maps. So your sync is up to date but your maps need updating.

3 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

Ones for Sync and ones for maps. So your sync is up to date but your maps need updating.

Aaahhhh so I updated the sync software the other day but failed to update the actual maps, well done me 👍 thanks!

I downloaded a map update  for Sync 3.0 on 1st August this year and put it on a memory stick but I've not had a long journey to install it in the car yet. I can't see a map version number in my download. How do I know if the version offered today is different? My internet is very slow and a 24.7Gb download will take hours, I don't really want to do it again just to end up with the version that I downloaded 3 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

I downloaded a map update  for Sync 3.0 on 1st August this year and put it on a memory stick but I've not had a long journey to install it in the car yet. I can't see a map version number in my download. How do I know if the version offered today is different? My internet is very slow and a 24.7Gb download will take hours, I don't really want to do it again just to end up with the version that I downloaded 3 weeks ago.

to find out what maps you have now go to settings on your sync system tap general then scroll down to about sync, tap that and it will say  F9 or F10 if up to date.

Mines on F8 and the website ran into an error twice when I tried to download it, plus my USB is 16GB so a 25GB update won't make the journey anyway 😆 I haven't come across any missing roads yet so it's not an issue, and I use android auto anyway 🤷

12 hours ago, billybob66 said:

to find out what maps you have now go to settings on your sync system tap general then scroll down to about sync, tap that and it will say  F9 or F10 if up to date.

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to find out what version of maps I have downloaded from the Ford server before I load them onto the sync system.

First time on the Forum so here goes.

I have a Fiesta Titanium 2017 plate and needed to update the Sync3 software and Maps.

I downloaded and installed the Sync3 software (now shows v 3) with no problem and sent the log file to Ford via my Ford account. It now tells me my Sync3 is up to date but I need to download the map updates (the in-car info tells me I have V6.1).

I clicked the Maps "Prepare Download" button and began, after about 2 hour I got a message "Something went wrong. Error Try again later". I have been trying to do this about a dozen times over the last 3 days on different computers on both Google and MS Edge with the same result (I have Windows 10 computers with plenty of disc space and ultra fast fibre broadband.

If anyone can offer any help ! would be most grateful.

Post on Fiesta forum as well someone may have same issues.

2 hours ago, Catman50 said:

I clicked the Maps "Prepare Download" button and began, after about 2 hour I got a message "Something went wrong. Error Try again later". I have been trying to do this about a dozen times over the last 3 days on different computers on both Google and MS Edge with the same result (I have Windows 10 computers with plenty of disc space and ultra fast fibre broadband.

If anyone can offer any help ! would be most grateful.

Same here on two different computers in two different locations on different broadband providers. The problem seems to be at Fords end.

Thanks  Andyr55 I have re-posted in the Fiesta forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just got my new to me Focus 1.5TD 2017. I have downloaded the map up date but not installed it yet.

I'm also wary as the sync up date was a simple 20 minute install at first (V3), then 30 plus of blank rebooting screen, that also dialed 911 on my phone. I thought I'd wrecked the system.

How fool proof are these updates?

Paul

Hi Paul in Lincolnshire from another Paul in Lincolnshire. Welcome to the Forum.

For some people the updates are straightforward but others struggle. You need to follow the instructions to the letter and allow the update to complete in one go. It takes about 90 minutes and must not be interrupted so it is best to do it on a long journey.

After the first two messages asking if you are sure that you want to install the map if you get any more messages on the screen ignore them for at least 10 minutes to see if the system will carry on without any action from you.

Thanks Paul

Have you done the 24.7gb update then?

I'm running sync3 version V3 now. When I got the car it had 2.4 ish version. Maps are F6 at the moment.

Paul

I started with version F6.1 maps when I bought the car, used, 5 weeks ago. Since then I have updated the Sync software to the latest version available from Ford for our car (Sync 3.0 20204_PRODUCT) then updated the maps to F9. As soon as I had done that a new version of the maps became available (F10) so I have also installed that. I'm all up to date now.

Go here: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Put in your VIN and see what it offers you. It likes to get the software up to date first before offering you a map update. The software update is about 2.6Gb to download and needs about 30 minutes to install.

The map update (you will go straight to F10) is a 24.7Gb download and needs about 90 minutes to install (with no interruptions).

Ok thanks for that.

I'll wait till have a long enough run as don't what to sit in the car and go no where for 90 minutes plus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pb55 said:

Ok thanks for that.

I'll wait till have a long enough run as don't what to sit in the car and go no where for 90 minutes plus.

Just go out and drive for a couple of hours 🙂 that's what I've always done. That way I'm also not scuppering a journey if something goes wrong etc, I can just go home or try again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, karlbbb said:

Just go out and drive for a couple of hours 🙂 

A couple hours? I updated mine a couple weeks ago on the drive and it took probably no more than 15 mins, file was I think 8GB? I can't remember 

16 hours ago, CyberJamSam said:

A couple hours? I updated mine a couple weeks ago on the drive and it took probably no more than 15 mins, file was I think 8GB? I can't remember 

It depends what you had on Sync before the update. A full map update for Sync 3.0 is 24.7Gb and takes about 90 minutes to install.

I have a Fiesta Titanium 2017 and I updated the F10 Maps last week and as has been said it's around 25Gb.

A screen shot of the files I downloaded for the Maps is attached (not sure if these are the same for the Focus).  

I did mine with the car in the Garage with the back door open to clear the fumes, I disabled the "Auto Engine Off" and left it running, it took just under 2 hours from start to finish.

Sync3 Maps download.pdf

I’m a bit confused. My car (21 Focus) is telling me I’ve got Maps 10 but this latest maps update is 10? The website is telling me I have a map update available, Is the update actually 10.1? Or 11?

I downloaded the logger tool to check that the cars stats are correct on the website after performing a couple of Sync updates since I’ve had it. But is still says there is a map update available. 

I rarely drive longer than an hour, (mostly 20 minutes) so it’s a bit of a pain to do a special 2hr trip just for a map update. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club