Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new map update sync 3

billybob66

You don't have to do a 2 hour trip to do the updates. Just leave the USB stick in the car, each time you start the car and drive it will resume the installation. The only negative thing is that installation will resume from the last complete file that it installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 7:39 PM, Mitchmente said:

I’m a bit confused. My car (21 Focus) is telling me I’ve got Maps 10 but this latest maps update is 10? The website is telling me I have a map update available, Is the update actually 10.1? Or 11?

I downloaded the logger tool to check that the cars stats are correct on the website after performing a couple of Sync updates since I’ve had it. But is still says there is a map update available. 

I rarely drive longer than an hour, (mostly 20 minutes) so it’s a bit of a pain to do a special 2hr trip just for a map update. 

If you dont upload your log file to the Ford website it wont know you've upgraded, similarly if you use the cyan;abs update path then Ford will always tell you that there are updates available,

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, unofix said:

You don't have to do a 2 hour trip to do the updates. Just leave the USB stick in the car, each time you start the car and drive it will resume the installation. The only negative thing is that installation will resume from the last complete file that it installed.

That is true.  I successfully installed F10 maps after unofix posted that info on another thread.  Interrupting the install does seem to have a considerable impact on the time it takes going by my experience.  It took a combination of journey times of 55min, 1hr15min, 15min then 25min to install ... in fact I kept the engine running on the drive for 10 minutes at the end of the last one.  It's possible that changing radio stations may pause the install too as the Updating Software message disappeared for a couple of minutes after I did that so I only did it once!

Hi @Tolly for confirming that. Yes it will indeed extend the time, it's just luck as to how much. The full normal uninterrupted install takes approx 90 minutes. Doing it in stages it just depends when you pause the install, as the incomplete file will be cancelled and started again. Thats not a big deal if it's only 3 or 4 Mb but if it happens to be the larger files like 5 Gb then that does add quite a bit of time.