Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Mk4 to buy ??

Phil3747

I’m getting 34.4 mpg which isn’t far off the manufacturers figures iirc . Mainly short journeys 

Short journey's here too but quite a long way off the mark for the diesel.....46mpg in the winter upto a whopping 52.2 mpg in the summer 😆

With the odd once every month longer journey to the coast (170 mile round trip) which returns around 64mpg its given the car 52mpg overall during the 14k its covered since march 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 3:26 AM, Phil3747 said:

My eldest daughter and her hubby-to-be will be looking to upgrade from their '63 plate Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost to a pre-owned Mk4 in a few weeks time and I am just wondering if there are any models to stay clear of ??

I have read a few threads on here from Mk4 owners experiencing various issues, so what do we need to look out for ??

I have to say that since you are looking for a pre-owned vehicle, for sure check its full history reports. You can do it online via rapidcarcheck.co.uk. It’s the first line of defense to avoid any future nightmares with the car. I still have a spare code from a recent bulk pack purchase from them. Pm me if you want?