Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surging Problem And Strange Noise

sparky19620

hi guy's

i took the car for a drive on friday and at 2500 revs i started to her what sounds like a rush of air from where i cannot pin point.its on the drivers side and only starts at 2500 revs and is there in every gear by the way.have driven to work this morning and noticed it was surging a little at around 75 -80 mph.i also noticed a bit of smoke from rear window that have never noticed before.if i stay below 2500 revs all seems ok..any ideas..?

it could be the intercooler pipe from the egr valve(big pipe on the bottom)that has a split in it, this would give you the air escaping sound and black smoke.its a common fault on the tdci.

thanks for that found the hose split..easy enough to change to..cleaned egr as was just slightly dirty...just curious why do some block off the egr and what do they get by doing it

thanks for that found the hose split..easy enough to change to..cleaned egr as was just slightly dirty...just curious why do some block off the egr and what do they get by doing it

Better performance have done it on my 04 TDCi 130, and its more responsive and less smokey when you floor it, i also had the split pipe must be a common fault on these engines, £55 plus v.a.t !Removed! expensive for a rubber pipe

you can block an egr on a eoro 3 engine with no problems, but on the euro 4 engine it will put the eml light on after around 100 miles,if your egr has electrical connections on it,its a euro 4.

just checked and no electrical connection on the egr,do i have to have anything done after blanking egr off...am new to all this...but learning quickly

just checked and no electrical connection on the egr,do i have to have anything done after blanking egr off...am new to all this...but learning quickly

No just blank it off and stick a ball bearing or plastic bead in the small vaccum pipe that goes in top of EGR and your away mate

as said before you can blank it off but it will put eml light on at around 100 miles later due to 'egr lack of air flow'

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club