Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Focus 2.0 TDCI 163HP Remap Reliability

Prophet254

Hi Guys, I have my focus estate 2.0 TDCI 163HP booked in for a remap with Celtic Tuning next month, supposedly takes the car up to 201HP 310lbft. I was wondering if anyone had any experience tuning with this particular engine and or company and whether i should invest in supporting parts. As far as i understand it the engine and gearbox are the same/similar to the ST 2.0 TDCI so i shouldnt be too concerned, but i would like some thoughts.

Thanks!

Both yours and the ST are part of the PSA DW10 family.

Yours is a DW10C, the ST uses a DW10FC

Remaps typically take advantage of some headroom in the factory map, that may be there for long term reliability, emissions, temperature extremes, etc. Both can probably be uplifted, yours at 163 PS was the highest factory available at the time, so it's not a down-tuned version.

Further development by the time the ST came out, allowed them to have a 185 as the highest.

i have a 62 plate titanium x manual 163bhp.  had it mapped 3 yrs ago to about the 200 bhp mark. iv had absolutely no issues with it. it gives up to 62 mpg on london to yorkshire trips fairly regularly. when in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th gear and you boot it.    it shifts.  runs out of grunt pretty quick in 1st and 2nd.  id say i build up the power fairly gently and dont just floor it.  i would like the original clutch to carry on working. however i will say i have floored it in second from almost tickover revs and it pulls like a train.  look after it and it will look after you.  failed to mention its up to 80k now and goes like new.   

• Like 1

I have a mondeo mk5 2.0tdci. I don’t know what engine it is but it is 180 standard. Superchips took it to 210ish. No problems and 50k on the clock with still 650-700miles to a tank

The maximum map for a DW10c is 230 bhp. Let me know how you get on as I have the same engine.

I got a map on my focus mk3 2.0 diesel up to 200 Bhp it’s on there now atleast 5 years and never had any issues, just don’t drive it like a race car and keep up with OEM parts for servicing. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club