Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspensions mk3 1.0

Bol

What is your opinion about bilstein b6 keeping the same springs on mk3 1.0?Anyone tried it?

The Bilstein B6 (standard ride height) and B8 (lowered ride height) are performance dampers. These are designed for sporty handling and make the car quite stiff.

In my opinion the Bilstein B6 dampers are a good match with the original sport suspension that is stiffer and 10 mm lower than the standard suspension. For the standard suspension however the B6 dampers are a less good match. In my opinion the sporty character of the B6 dampers does not really match the characteristics of the springs.

So what would you recommend? I was thinking to choose b6 keeping the original springs

It fully depends on what you are after. Do you prefer sporty handling or comfort?

In case of sporty handling I personally am a fan of Bilstein B8 dampers combined with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (Bilstein B12 kit). If you want to maintain the ride height as much as possible the Bilstein B6 dampers combined with the original sport suspension are also a very good choice.

If you want to upgrade the dampers but also want to maintain the ride comfort the Bilstein B4 are a good choice. The Bilstein B4 are gas dampened dampers which are already an upgrade to the standard oil dampened dampers.

How much heigh will loose with bilstein b12?

Eibach specifies 25 mm for these springs but my experience is that it will be 35 mm in real life.

Here if it is more than 20mm then it is too much because of the bad road conditions.

2 hours ago, JW1982 said:

It fully depends on what you are after. Do you prefer sporty handling or comfort?

In case of sporty handling I personally am a fan of Bilstein B8 dampers combined with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (Bilstein B12 kit). If you want to maintain the ride height as much as possible the Bilstein B6 dampers combined with the original sport suspension are also a very good choice.

If you want to upgrade the dampers but also want to maintain the ride comfort the Bilstein B4 are a good choice. The Bilstein B4 are gas dampened dampers which are already an upgrade to the standard oil dampened dampers.

Could b6 be combined with original not sport suspension? with the simple original suspension?

From a technical point of view the Bilstein B6 dampers can be combined with the standard suspension. Both the B4 and the B6 are designed as a replacement of the original dampers. However the sporty dampening characteristic of the Bilstein B6 dampers does not really match the standard suspension which was designed for comfort.

If bad roads are your concern you should be well aware that the B6 dampers will make the suspension a bit less comfortable. 

I know, but if it is just a bit less then there eill be no problem. I guess the best would be the b6 choice. What do you suggest?

If you are willing to accept a decrease in comfort the B6 dampers will be a good choice.

The B4 dampers are however also already an upgrade to the original dampers. The benefit of the B4 dampers is that these will maintain comfort. Apart from this I really like the fact that the B4 dampers are black instead of yellow (I used to paint the B8 dampers black on my previous cars). 

So you would not recommend b6 combined with the original springs?

The three choices for better perfomance are.

B6 with original springs.

B8 with Eibach springs (lower height), B12 kit.

Koni special active with original springs.

Also it could be better with the original Ford sport/perfomance springs (which are also Eibach) and dampers.

• 3 weeks later...

And what about B12 pro kit? Does it make the car too stiff? Will issues occured? Especially at plastics? Does it loose all car comfort?

I suppose noone is replying in this foroum/topic anymore.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club