Do Not Sell My Personal Information

suspension creak

noscail

I can't hear any squeaking, just a couple of thuds.

Have you had the car up in the air and checked for worn bushes, snapped springs, damaged boots etc.?

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I can't hear any squeaking, just a couple of thuds.

Have you had the car up in the air and checked for worn bushes, snapped springs, damaged boots etc.?

I'm going to jack the car up  tomorrow and have a good look. Although I did only replace both springs around 2 years ago so hoping it's not that.

In the meantime I have gotten a better recording of the noise. The noise is only coming from the drivers side.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BCBkDS_vKwM?feature=share

Ah yes, it actually sounds quite loud. It's hard to say exactly what it is from a video, but it should be obvious once you start prising on stuff.

20 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Ah yes, it actually sounds quite loud. It's hard to say exactly what it is from a video, but it should be obvious once you start prising on stuff.

I believe I have now found the source of the noise. Lower control arm bushings have started to disintegrate.

Is it possible to buy a new control arm with bushings already installed?

20210831_133648.jpg

20210831_134528.jpg

2 hours ago, noscail said:

Is it possible to buy a new control arm with bushings already installed?

It's pretty rare for people to press in/out wishbone bushings unless they're going for uprated ones. It's much easier to just replace the whole arm.

I'd imagine the condition of the other side isn't far behind so I'd suggest replacing both wishbones. It's highly advised to get the tracking done after replacing pretty much any suspension components, so you may aswell get the other side out of the way to save you having to pay for tracking again in a years time.

Should be less than £100 for a decent pair of aftermarket wishbones.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club