Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga 2021 PHEV questions

Clarky94

I have just ordered a Kuga FHEV but am considering changing to the PHEV that i test drove - 

Initially i plan to just use the 13pin plug option as charging for 6 hours overnight for me works just fine but i was wondering what leads came with it 

Do you get a lead to plug in at home ?

Do you get one you can use at a plug in charging station ?

can you still fit a spare wheel in the vehicle?

Some come with just at the 3 pin cable for home charging  and some with both the  3pin and the charger cable to charge elsewhere. 

Don't know if it's trim specific or not. 

According to the ford website the space saver wheel is an optional extra. 

I'm wondering if @MasterTechTip knows why some come with 2 cables and others 1

1 hour ago, Clarky94 said:

Initially i plan to just use the 13pin plug option as charging for 6 hours overnight for me works just fine but i was wondering what leads came with it 

Do you get a lead to plug in at home ?

Do you get one you can use at a plug in charging station ?

can you still fit a spare wheel in the vehicle?

Sorry to nit-pick but I think you mean a 3 pin 13Amp plug.

Do you get a lead to plug in at home ? = Yes 👍

Do you get one you can use at a plug in charging station ? = Some do, some don't. Not sure why 🤔

can you still fit a spare wheel in the vehicle? = Yes you can fit a space saver 👍 but you will have to buy it as its an option 😟

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, unofix said:

Sorry to nit-pick but I think you mean a 3 pin 13Amp plug.

Do you get a lead to plug in at home ? = Yes 👍

Do you get one you can use at a plug in charging station ? = Some do, some don't. Not sure why 🤔

can you still fit a spare wheel in the vehicle? = Yes you can fit a space saver 👍 but you will have to buy it as its an option 😟

Even I copied the 13 pin in his post. Lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

Even I copied the 13 pin in his post. Lol 

I new what i meant ..... i think,  - i think it was i because i had watched the tow-bar fitting video

2 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm wondering if @MasterTechTip knows why some come with 2 cables and others 1

Ford ditched the high voltage to high voltage cable due to the fact 99% of the charging stations have their own lead built in rendering the one supplied useless... They're ***** expensive as well!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Can anyone confirm if the Kuga PHEV runs as a HYBRID once the electric batteries are depleted or does it run as a straight petrol vehicle only? Thanks

51 minutes ago, Dez0322 said:

Can anyone confirm if the Kuga PHEV runs as a HYBRID once the electric batteries are depleted or does it run as a straight petrol vehicle only? Thanks

A PHEV operates as a normal hybrid after the initial plug in charge is used up, ie charging the battery by regenerative braking or from the engine.

Zero emissions and surprising range

Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHEV) have all the functionality of full Hybrid technology, with the added advantage that they can be charged from an external electricity supply. The larger capacity of the battery makes them capable of zero-emissions while driving for ranges of up to 35miles††, with the ability to switch to Hybrid mode to conserve battery life and to petrol or diesel-only for longer journeys.

As shown in this video:

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/research/hybrid-electric/plug-in-hybrid#overlay/content/overlays/hybrid-electric/kuga-phev

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club