Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E10 fuel, my experience so far.

Blatto

4 minutes ago, anon said:

Apparently not. Quite a lot of the country is without available fuel. Welcome to the new normal, predicted by nearly half of us for the last five years.

It will only be 'normal' if people buy more than they need.

Yes. Some time ago I calculated that electrifying the entire UK fleet would require six of the world's largest three nuclear reactor power stations which naturally the environmentalists would nod through. We would buy these from the Chinese and pay a premium on the power to cover the build cost until it became clear that there would not be enough actual MONEY to make that possible. 

Just had some numpty from Petrol Retailers ASSociation on radio declaring that many of his members have not been restocked.

Que, the lemmings heading to fill up. Just in case !

Also read of a woman who proudly declared that after driving round for two hours she found fuel.

The irony was lost that if she could drive for two hours in her search she obviously did not need fuel !

Or the guy who refused to move off the road when Police told him the garage he was queuing at had been closed for two days due to vandalism.

They live amongst us  😲

• Haha 2

TBF oooop Norf, were sensible ssems to be plenty of juice. Just the selfish southerners having issues, and yes i was born a selfish southerner. 

2 minutes ago, JImpster said:

oooop Norf,

Here in Gods country (North East England) we have so much fuel we are using it just to wash the engine 🤣

Today I went to Sainsbury to do a bit shopping and noticed as I passed the Sainsbury garage that all 6 pumps were open, and there were only 3 cars filling up (thats total, not at each pump). Just as I came out after finishing my shopping i couldn't help smile as a petrol tanker rolled up to 'Top Up' the Sainsbury tanks.

What fuel problem ?? 🤔

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Here in Gods country (North East England) we have so much fuel we are using it just to wash the engine 🤣

Today I went to Sainsbury to do a bit shopping and noticed as I passed the Sainsbury garage that all 6 pumps were open, and there were only 3 cars filling up (thats total, not at each pump). Just as I came out after finishing my shopping i couldn't help smile as a petrol tanker rolled up to 'Top Up' the Sainsbury tanks.

What fuel problem ?? 🤔

Im supprised you lot in the north east can drive , let alone put petrol in your car. 

Visited my local supermarket this morning at 4.30am, on the way to work. All card payment pumps were in working order and I was the only one there filling up..... 😃

Dont north east donkies run on petrol or are they still steam driven 😄 have they got T'lectric lighting oop thar and do they still call it magic ?

sorry couldnt resist

Not so funny down here where I have an unavoidable 550 mile round trip to do this weekend and about 450 miles of range on a full tank.

1 minute ago, anon said:

Not so funny down here where I have an unavoidable 550 mile round trip to do this weekend and about 450 miles of range on a full tank.

Just think, if you had a battery car, you would have to fit in a fair view hours to charge that baby up!

But I do have a motorbike and a Jerrycan. The former had a couple of gallons of e5 and the latter about 3 litres of 50:1 two stroke mix  and that will be enough to get me back home. Problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2008 Ford Zetec. Managed to do very well on Premium until they changed to E10. There is a noticeable worsening in mpg. Also, there is a strange noise coming from somewhere around the back of the car - a clanking, banging noise. The garage can't find anything wrong. Then I remembered I had once put diesel in a petrol car and the noise is similar. I wonder what this E10 is doing to my engine and if it has dislodged something in the tank - I've read that it can have a corrosive effect on older engines. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing anything like this. I'm going to try and find E5 again and see if that helps. 

27 minutes ago, ClareBettridge said:

... I'm going to try and find E5 again and see if that helps. 

Plenty here in NI, due to a technical hitch, we're still in the EU so our fuel hasn't changed from E5 😄 Welcome to the forum...

• Like 1

No, it will not be due to the fuel. Far more likely to be a faulty exhaust causing both the noise and the increased fuel consumption. E10 has a truly minimal effect on it which you simply will not notice.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ClareBettridge said:

. I wonder what this E10 is doing to my engine and if it has dislodged something in the tank

"Ford

E10 is cleared for use in all petrol driven Ford models sold in Europe since 1992 excluding:

• Ford Mondeo 1.8 SCI from 2003 to 2007.This model and Ford models sold before 1992 should continue to use E5.

Personal imports not approved by Ford of Europe are not included in the above statements."

Hi, Clare.

Official position according to Ford is as above.

Any reports of E10 problems in vehicles that are NOT E10 compatible are more likely to concern deterioration of fuel lines, seals, etc, not the symptoms you describe.

As to fuel consumption, various reports so far. Many of us, including myself, have noticed no difference in mpg or performance.

What sort of increase in fuel consumption have you experienced?

tap the tailpipe, if it rattles consider the CAT.

Will not touch the stuff!Just put in 98 octane premium ,handbook does state it is better on 95 upwards.Not sure what the equivalent in the UK is in fuel.We have though one of the highest sulphur contents in the world(not good) our premium fuels are 50ppm.Uk I believe is around 10ppm.This will all change in a few years with new legislation,were we will get ‘cleaner’ fuels.E10 is slighter cheaper,but fuel mileage is not as good.I just stay clear of the stuff.The ‘Greenies’ are all for it.

• Sad 1

I use Esso synergy supreme+ 99. Tried all the premiums and the car runs nest on this, plus the cleaning additives can only help. Zero power increase which wasn't expected anyway. 

Just had my fourth fill up with E10 and, to be perfectly honest, I can't tell the difference.   I'm doing exactly the same journeys as with E5 and I always check brim to brim and my MPG is exactly the same.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Just had my fourth fill up with E10 and, to be perfectly honest, I can't tell the difference.   I'm doing exactly the same journeys as with E5 and I always check brim to brim and my MPG is exactly the same.

Same here, Bob.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club