Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discs or drums?

Vendee

I'm still waiting for my Puma Vignale to be delivered, hopefully early October. One thing that I'm unsure about is if it will come with discs or drums at the rear. It isn't listed in the spec sheet and I've seen images online of cars with cars fitted with both. Anyone know what a UK spec Vignale 125ps will come with? Its not really a biggie. Discs look better but drums are lower maintenance.

With all the parts shortages now they're probably just fitting whatever they can find on the factory floor! :unsure:

Should be discs though.

• Haha 1

I thought it was rear drums on the 125 and discs on the 155 but only guessing. It may be rear discs on the ST only now. The specs are dropping and cost saving at an alarming rate but the price goes up.

I have disc all around on my 2019 build st line first edition.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what's fitted when the car arrives.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:45 PM, bays281 said:

I have disc all around on my 2019 build st line first edition.

The change to rear drums on 125s is only recent. This year I believe.

Drums on my and daughters 125 Puma. Both new and no sports pedals on st-line now. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Saymyname said:

Both new and no sports pedals on st-line now. 

I was configuring a Fiesta ST-L the other day and the same there - the ST-L sill plates, "sports" gearknob and pedals are now extras in a "design pack" for £150.

Bit of a cheek, I reckon!

• Like 1

I notice that front and rear floor mats are no longer listed as standard for the Puma ST Line and above. They better be there on mine as they were part of the spec at the time of ordering. Spoke to my dealer today and he says my car has a VIN which means it has been built but it won't arrive at the dealer until 14th October. 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, Vendee said:

I notice that front and rear floor mats are no longer listed as standard for the Puma ST Line and above. They better be there on mine as they were part of the spec at the time of ordering. Spoke to my dealer today and he says my car has a VIN which means it has been built but it won't arrive at the dealer until 14th October. 

I have been in some discussion with Ford UK (on their Facebook page).  Floor mats ARE standard but they are rubber.  The mats on the configuration site are UPGRADES to velour mats.

2 hours ago, Zoomblade said:

I have been in some discussion with Ford UK (on their Facebook page).  Floor mats ARE standard but they are rubber.  The mats on the configuration site are UPGRADES to velour mats.

Hmmm..... when I ordered my Vignale, it was velour mats that were specified. I'll have to point that out to my dealer.

• 1 month later...

I have a 21 plate St line x 125 and it has drums on rear and no sports pedals, I think there were issues with rear disc corroding due to lack of use as a percentage of braking is done with the regenerative system leaving very little for the rear disc to do.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, Saymyname said:

Drums on my and daughters 125 Puma. Both new and no sports pedals on st-line now. 

TVM Strikes again

On 10/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, Vinyard said:

I have a 21 plate St line x 125 and it has drums on rear and no sports pedals, I think there were issues with rear disc corroding due to lack of use as a percentage of braking is done with the regenerative system leaving very little for the rear disc to do.

Cost, drums cost less than discs and calipers. It's cost

Put the price up, take standard fit parts from the vehicle - The wonderful world of Ford's TVM dept.

Have you seen the equipment list of the current Fiesta Titanium - dreadful

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club