Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus MK3.5 2017 Titanium X retrofit heated steering wheel

Tazcab

Titanium X retrofit heated steering wheel hi can anybody give me any help I would like to know if I can retrofit heated steering wheel from an ST line focus to my titanium X focus 2017

Ooo, I'd also like to know this as I also own a MK3.5 Tit X (67-plate). I'd assume there's probably a cable or switch or something that we'd need so you can 'plug it in' to get it to actually work. Do you have heated seats, front+rear windscreen, mirrors and washer jets?

hi i have a 66-plate Titanium X (£0 road tax)  lol  and yes i have heated seats and heated  front + rear windscreen, and auto park and front and back parking sensors which uses all 3 switches by the gear stick so i know i may have to add a switch 3rd party  and i have found out i need a heated steering wheel slip ring . I don't know about the  mirrors and washer jets? i will have a look  as i only had the car a week lol so not used yet but i have  updated my sync 3 to 3.4  and maps to F10 this week and its push button start keyless entry 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tazcab said:

uses all 3 switches by the gear stick so i know i may have to add a switch 3rd party

This is a turn-off for me. The buttons by the gear stick on mine are also all used so I think I'll give it a miss. 

16 minutes ago, Tazcab said:

i have a 66-plate Titanium X (£0 road tax)

How come? My road tax is £155?

18 minutes ago, CyberJamSam said:

How come? My road tax is £155?

that's  because yours is six months newer and it`s only with hindsight that I knew what I wanted to buy and I went for the 1.5 diesel

On 9/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tazcab said:

that's  because yours is six months newer and it`s only with hindsight that I knew what I wanted to buy and I went for the 1.5 diesel

Oh ok, I found a 1.5 petrol Ecoboost with a manual transmission so went for that. What made you go for a diesel engine?

Also, that switch is a gem! Would an ST Focus's heated steering wheel have the other hardware, like the voice command button and cruise control / speed limited buttons? I want to upgrade the car to have adaptive cruise control (although I haven't done much research other than part numbers of the alternative front grill I'd need), so would also need to find a heated steering wheel with that version of those buttons too. Unless they can be taken off and put onto whatever steering wheel you want?

18 minutes ago, CyberJamSam said:

Would an ST Focus's heated steering wheel have the other hardware, like the voice command button and cruise control / speed limited buttons?

I've kind of answered my own question here, I found a page with the parts to the steering wheel and it looks like it's relatively modular, so putting the control buttons from the original wheel into whatever steering wheel is heated shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I don't know if there's plugs or writing that might be missing for the heated aspect of the wheel to plug into?

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/183/no/0/2825/21007/95127/#14K147A

• Like 1

HI CyberJamSam 

Yes I only got the diesel because I had 2 Fiestas 1.5 diesel before one for me one for the wife. and yes it looks like the ST Focus steering wheel would be ok to use just change the switches over as you need them . unfortunately FORD are not much help as I went into my local Fords and ask about clock rings giving my VIN number and said can you tell me which clock rings I need I have to keep all my switches to add the heated steering wheel and he said no you have to get me a VIN number of the vehicle that already has this fitted as Ford's do not make a retrofit kit . so it's all going to be a bit of trial and error and maybe take more time as you have to do it one step at a time . and it looks like you found a great site  https://ford.7zap.com/  

• 1 month later...

ok i have fitted my Focus  ST slip ring  (clock ring) with leavers and heated steering wheel feed ,I have put on the ST line heated steering wheel replacing the  

standard cruise control buttons with my adaptive cruise control buttons and I have added the 4 button switch as above post to the centre consul and put in the fuse.  all I need now is some help with the loom I take it that the power goes to the plug at the bottom mark with an red X in photo but ware dose it pick up from the switch ? any help would be appreciated or if any one is scrapping an focus ST or Titanium X that has the missing part or a part number could let me know I am in the uk  

Thank you in advance  

image0x.jpg

IMG_1787X.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tazcab said:

ok i have fitted my Focus  ST slip ring  (clock ring) with leavers and heated steering wheel feed ,I have put on the ST line heated steering wheel replacing the  

standard cruise control buttons with my adaptive cruise control buttons and I have added the 4 button switch as above post to the centre consul and put in the fuse.  all I need now is some help with the loom I take it that the power goes to the plug at the bottom mark with an red X in photo but ware dose it pick up from the switch ? any help would be appreciated or if any one is scrapping an focus ST or Titanium X that has the missing part or a part number could let me know I am in the uk  

Thank you in advance  

image0x.jpg

IMG_1787X.jpg

This is awesome, good job! I'm yet to try and fit the heated steering wheel, so I'd love as many details and photos as possible if you get the time 🤩

Also you mentioned the ACC, I'd like to try and fit this to my focus too but I'm lacking in knowledge around the electrical sides of things. I'm happy to physically fit the parts but wouldn't know where to start if I needed a new set of electrical wiring (is this what people call a loom?). Also FORscan didn't like me so what to do once it's connected to the car would need explaining to me too 👍

Sorry I couldn't be much help, but I've been hoping for an update from you 😃

well one hour later i have it all sorted  I can answer my own question you will find two plugs wrapped up in the foam in the loom that goes to the stalks in pic 

so one goes to the red X and the other one goes to the back of the module small square hole . and now it all works Great 

image0xPlus.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tazcab said:

well one hour later i have it all sorted  I can answer my own question you will find two plugs wrapped up in the foam in the loom that goes to the stalks in pic 

so one goes to the red X and the other one goes to the back of the module small square hole . and now it all works Great 

image0xPlus.jpg

Did you have to enable anything via the OBD2 port? ie FORscan?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club