Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV Public Charging

sioneon

Can you use the higher capacity Type 2 chargers such as 22kw and 43kw to charge up the battery?

I've looked everywhere but can't find an answer and the salesman barely knew how to plug the thing in in the first place.

Interesting to know, seems to be the rarest charger type out there and impossible to top up away from home.

you can use any type 2 charger cant  you - the car will determine how much charge it wants

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clarky94 said:

you can use any type 2 charger cant  you - the car will determine how much charge it wants

yeah, i didnt word my comment right. its the vehicle that limits the charge to 7kwh . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

yeah, i didnt word my comment right. its the vehicle that limits the charge to 7kwh . 

That's interesting, Ian. Like it or not we're all on an EV learning curve!😀 

Just wondering what MPG folk are getting with their PHEVs. I have the AWD Diesel, which was virtually the same price as the PHEV, but has two extra driven wheels as needed. Depending on the type of journeys, I’ve averaged anything from 35 to 55 mpg per tank.  I have read Fords quoted MPG figures for the PHEV, but wondered what the reality was. 

• 2 months later...

Just wondering what MPG folk are getting with their PHEVs. I have the AWD Diesel, which was virtually the same price as the PHEV, but has two extra driven wheels as needed. Depending on the type of journeys, I’ve averaged anything from 35 to 55 mpg per tank.  I have read Fords quoted MPG figures for the PHEV, but wondered what the reality was. 

Sorry about the super slow reply. Over 5900 total miles, 4400 have been electric and averaging 144mpg so far. 700 of those miles were a round the country holiday where we couldn't charge up anywhere.