Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Ranger 2.5 TDI 107k km Retarting itself in winter

GregFord

I haven't bought this yet, just wanted to enquire as to whether anyone might have a solution to a curious problem. The listing for the car says that is suffers a problem when the engine is switched off, but only in winter. Apparently the engine restarts itself. Why would it do that? My first thought was that the glow plugs are perhaps switching on when they shouldn't.

Any thoughts anyone?

How long after it is switched off does it then restart ? are we talking less than a minute or more than an hour ? and does it keep running or it only runs for a few seconds ?

Thank you for taking the time to post Unofix. I'll find you the answers to your questions and come back to you.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

The plot thickens - doesn't it always. It turns out that the problem is actually the other way around - the engine cuts out when and won't start again until cold. I've asked the question, "does this only happen at tick-over or does it happen doing 70 down the motorway?". Have yet to receive a reply.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club